8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Old posts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old posts
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 08:20 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how to find ones old posts? Tried the search button but it doesn't help. Surely there must be a way to find a list of all your old posts ( as a starter) or is that only available to the moderators.
By the way DOUG - if you're reading this, tried contacting you but your mailbox is full.

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 08:42 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry - I just did a search and found about 10 of my posts from the past 5 years . If you fill in as much info as you can it should work .

Doug has been very occupied with production of a Health Documentary and has been unable to focus on the forum lately .

But trust assured , he will get to all his messages and respond back to everyone , as soon as possible .

--------------------
Dave

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 16, 2018 09:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can view your last 50 posts by going into your profile and then click "View recent posts".

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 11:07 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice
When I go into my profile I don't get that facility. Just a view of sent and received messages.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 16, 2018 11:41 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

If you click on your profile icon...
 -

...you'll see a link entitled View Recent Posts...
 -

...which will show (as Maurice said) 50 of your most recent posts.
 -

Sorry about my mailbox being full, I've cleaned it out.

David, thanks for your confidence!!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 12:10 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Doug. Got it now. Unfortunately it doesn't go back far enough. Is there a way to resurrect all posts originated by oneself?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've found very old posts by Googling, if you know the subject. Type the subject, then add something like 8mm Film-Tech.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 16, 2018 03:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

When you used the search function, did you enter your member number (located in your profile)? Choose which section of the Forum (General Yak, 9.5 Forum, etc.) you'd like to search and up to 300 matches will be listed.
If you need to go even further back, I would go with either Robert's suggestion or try the Forum search again, this time entering keywords that you possibly used in your old post.

Doug

--------------------

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 04:24 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Doug. Got it now. Unfortunately it doesn't go back far enough. Is there a way to resurrect all posts originated by oneself?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 16, 2018 05:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

Those are the only two methods. Either the most recent 300 posts in each section or using the search function. Because of your recent post, I assume you are looking for your original thread about VS. Using the words "cure VS" in the search function, I found your October 2017 thread in General Yak.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC