8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hermes Delivery No Signature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hermes Delivery No Signature
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 13, 2018 02:34 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This week I have had two films delivered by two companies.
1) Parcelforce 48. Two days in transit. My signature on electronic pad to acknowledge delivery. This signature appeared shortly on the Parcelforce tracking site.
2) Hermes. Three days in transit. I asked the delivery driver if he needed a signature and the answer was "No". Shortly on the Hermes tracking site there appeared the following words "Signature from Household".
I would suggest that any seller who uses myHermes should consider changing to another carrier. If there was any problem with the delivery how could Hermes prove the delivery? Would their electronic system be any definite proof of delivery?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2018 03:56 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,

From our side "Delivery Signature" depends on the way Sending Tags were filled (Oversea Invoice order too) with Signature requested or not and for the same price, so far I remember.

Do you confirm signature was required at source ?

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2018 12:36 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same problem with Hermes today. Film delivered through letterbox. They didn't even ring the bell. I definitely will not use them. I find Inpost and UPS are pretty good for big parcels, but for smaller parcels I try to stick with Royal Mail Signed For and if it's a valuable item, Royal Mail Next Day guaranteed. An excellent service and not expensive.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC