8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » CHC weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHC weekend
Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2018 05:28 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, Are any Forum Members going to the CHC weekend 3rd and 4th August in Cleethorpes.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 23, 2018 06:22 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't know about it - Phil is top-notch, hope to catch up with him at Blackpool perhaps - Cheers, Shorty

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2018 12:25 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,

Are you going to Blackpool this year ?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 23, 2018 01:34 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, will look forward to meeting all you nice chaps, and hoping some RKO shorts will be there and all else of course - Cheers all, Shorty

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 23, 2018 01:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, try and take in the Blackpool Tower Ballroom if you have time. This is the home of the world famous Blackpool Tower Wurlitzer, and they have regular playing sessions there with Maesto's Phil Kelsall and John Bowdler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGgiQ_-dkjw

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2018 03:10 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Cleethorpes, I went last year and enjoyed it.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 23, 2018 04:09 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, most definitely - I'd like to travel to Cleethorpes and visit Phil as well, maybe he will attend the show

Lee McCaffrey
Junior

- posted July 24, 2018 09:38 AM      Profile for Lee McCaffrey   Email Lee McCaffrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CHC weekend looks great but I'm not able to attend. Blackpool might still be doable though.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2018 01:39 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Phil Sheard at Classic Home Cinema always has a large display and plenty of films for sale - so he will be there.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2018 05:32 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This year, there will be films shown on Friday night (as usual) and for the first time, during the day on the Saturday up until around 4pm. This is thanks to Dave Guest and James Cecil. Then, it's the Film Collectors' Dinner with Adrian Winchester, finishing up on the Sunday with the convention itself. Each year, the event gets better and better, this year being no exception!

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2018 06:03 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so so true Simon. a fantastic weekend is getting nearer. definately not to be missed.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, (Caruso)
glad to here you are coming to the Blackpool Convention this November,
as you are making a long journey I'am sure you will want to enjoy all thats happening that weekend including of course the Convention Dinner
held on the Saturday night before the actual convention to this end I would be happy to help you make a reservation for the dinner just post a reply here and I'll do the rest, don't worry about payment you'll be my guest, be great to see you there.

Regards. Dave (Watson).

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 29, 2018 05:36 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My compliments, David, thank you so much - Will look forward to all your fine companies - Cheers, Shorty

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, thanks for your reply,I will contact my colleague Adrian and book you a place at the dinner, I'am sure you will enjoy it.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Regards.
Dave...

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2018 07:14 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its excellent that joe is coming to blackpool. thousands of miles from where he lives ,looking forward to seeing you joe
I now have only a few tables left has I am almost booked up for this year so anyone wanting a table best to contact me asap to avoid disappointment

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 30, 2018 07:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David (Watson) - no need to let me know as I've seen the posts here! I can't remember a visitor from the USA ever coming to Blackpool before, so unless I'm wrong, Joe will be a pioneer making history!

Joe - Phil generally has a stall at Blackpool so you can expect to see him there.

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing any forum members coming to Cleethorpes - you can't beat film collecting weekends at seaside resorts!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2018 02:38 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially as it looks like being good weather all weekend, but not too hot. A good change from London over the last few weeks.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2018 03:35 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from CHC weekend. I had a great time - more details when I'm over the delays on the journey home. (And viewed a couple of the prints I bought.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 06, 2018 08:57 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen, please call me Shorty - It's a mainstay, and now known world-wide (no boast) - Cheers all, Shorty

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2018 07:22 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2018 04:38 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The HID lamp in that projector gave a good show that evening. It even sounded as if the local police helicopter hovered to take a look at the screen in the garden.

It was a great weekend, getting away from the heat of the city to the coast as well. I a got a few bargains and good deals on more films than I had intended to buy. 2 PM Films 600ft, B&W The Hurricane Express and Colour "Soft Beds, Hard Battles" with Peter Sellers playing about 6 roles (SP but still has very good colour). The Derann "Treasure of Sierra Madre" 2x400 ft on av 800ft Bonum reel and case. A good Bugs Bunny cartoon, two reels of Hannie Calder one scope one flat to add to the 200ft extracts I have, both good colour on Fuji. A 16mm B&W Popeye cartoon and an episode of "Father Kelly" named Knock on Every Door which I cannot trace on IMDB but has Bing Crosby introducing the story, so I will be interested to watch it all but have little time until next week. Plus some free 200ft reels as well. Not to mention time to chat to fellow collectors.

Many thanks to Phil & Denise.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 11, 2018 12:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must belatedly also add my appreciation for all that Phil and Denise do to make this such an enjoyable weekend. My free 400' just for turning up was much appreciated and the bargains I bought included a virtually mint 16mm 1983 one hour Children's Film Foundation film set in Italy, for only £35. Some of the Super 8 shorts on offer were so rare that I'd never seen other prints! It seems to remain the 'best kept secret' in the film collecting world, but the fact that the first three people I greeted outside the shop on Friday were from Norway, Sweden and Croydon shows that those who have experienced it consider it a must! And the Friday fish and chip supper, the Saturday Chinese buffet/film show, and the attractions of Cleethorpes all greatly contribute to the fun.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC