8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Sunday Meet up? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool Sunday Meet up?
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 20, 2018 07:21 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Mal Brake at No.7 from the left?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 02:49 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am number 4.

Don't you think it is a credit to David Guest that the photo includes people from the UK, Norway, Belgium and USA ?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 06:03 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I thought I was number 3 but that's some grey haired old git in the photo. Oh... wait...

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 06:43 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lucky 13 thats me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 06:58 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon, what was your total number of prints in the end? Did you fill the car? [Wink]

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 07:17 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon's car was full before the show opened Stuart!

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 10:47 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i managed to fit a few more in need a bigger car [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 21, 2018 11:56 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm No.1 in the photo. I'm not aware of 12/15/16/17 being members of this forum, but they were invited to appear due to being four of our five visitors from Norway.

Many thanks to the Forum members who were amongst the 66 who attended the Saturday dinner. I think this was the highest number of the post-Derann era. I must credit Peter Wilson, who compiled the film show, and also won the quiz for the 4th time.

It's difficult to sum up the overall experience, because however enjoyable most of the weekend was, David's announcement after the auction was inevitably a terrible shock. I can't add much to what has already been said, but I salute the extraordinary bravery displayed by David and his family, and their determination to make the event a success, despite dealing with a 'bombshell' that would have overwhelmed many. I expect all the collectors with a great affection for the Blackpool convention will agree that we have every reason to be very grateful to David, for the enormous effort he has put into maintaining and developing the event over the last six years.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 23, 2018 11:00 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What sad, terrible news. Thank you David for all you've done for our hobby. I recall the excitement in 2011 when the announcement was made that the Blackpool convention would continue. Thank you again for keeping it going.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC