8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool 2018 pictures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blackpool 2018 pictures
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 02:27 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some other pictures David sent me :

-

-

-

-

-

-

More later..

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 03:16 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a very nice event. You made it into the photos Dominique! You look very happy [Smile] I too am rarely seen in family photos and films because I am the one taking them!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 06:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill [Smile]

More pictures from David (I'm still hoping other members will add their own).

-

-

-

-

-

-

4 more pictures to come...

--------------------
Dominique

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 08:08 AM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom,

Looks like a lot of people attended! How many do you think were there for the festivities and the dealer table sale?....

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 09:21 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gregg,
there was 66 people at the Convention Dinner on Saturday night and I think about 300 plus at the Convention on the sunday.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 12:57 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were Indeed many people. During the auction, the staff from the hotel brought extra seats…

The last four pictures from David :

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 02:49 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well to all those who bought the dvd of 2017 I hope you all enjoyed it thanks david

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 03:01 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David (Guest), yes watched my copy of your convention DVD more than once it's really good,the best made record of any film convention ever.
It put over the hobby very well with some good interveiws from different collectors,even had my ugly mug being interveiwed a couple of times. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 03:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looking forward to receiving my copy soon, [Wink]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 03:52 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a great dvd of last years blackpool event. really well made and a lovely keepsake. thank you to all the people involved in the making. and of course David Guest for releasing it.i believe a limited number are still available to purchase from David.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 05:28 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom, do not come badly in the pictures!
Great ambient!
What did you eat in the picture? [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 06:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dvd (I watched last night) is certainly a great record of what the convention is.

Luigi, this picture was taken on Sunday night (before I, sadly, had to leave to take my coach). It was a kind of buffet. The food at the hotel (where I was not staying but where I ate three time) is excellent. Here is the menu of the Saturday dinner :

-

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2018 04:24 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I almost forgot I had only posted my pictures to the Derann Vaults facebook page, not here so here are some of the meal.
 -
 -
 -
 -
And here's one of David's that Dominique posted but exposure corrected.
 -

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2018 05:23 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos of the Dinner. Has anyone got a list of what films were shown afterwards.

Graham S

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2018 04:09 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some more taken in the dealers hall and at the auction.
CHC
 -
Some more of David Guest's 16mm films for sale.
 -
The hall centre
 -
David hosting the auction
 -
The bidders.
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 24, 2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Brian 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 24, 2018 05:07 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Compliments to all the photographers on some excellent photos!

I couldn't guess the overall attendance but I did think it was striking that number present for the auction was the highest I've seen for many years. I recall some fairly sparse crowds not so many years ago, so to see the full rows and extra seats being brought in this year was quite something.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2018 08:24 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David did mention there was over 300 Super 8 films for the auction so I wonder if that contributed to the high attendance?

Graham S

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 25, 2018 10:10 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham - I think it may well have done. And it was striking to see what a high proportion of the films were actually sold, even if often for bargain prices, as that's by no means what always happens in such auctions. In a few cases, three or four copies of a particular Disney 200' appeared, and they all sold. I even wondered if the guy who sells empty 200' spools on eBay for £9.99 might have been there, building up his stocks!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2018 11:15 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that reply Adrian, interesting.

Can anyone tell me what films were shown after the dinner?

Graham S

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC