8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Delivery By Hermes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Delivery By Hermes
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 24, 2018 08:46 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a film delivered by Hermes today, and, as usual, the parcel was just handed over to me.
On the delivery details sent to me via an email a little later following the words "Signed by" there is a squiggly signature.
Is this supposed to be my signature of receipt, or is it the driver's signature?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2018 10:25 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm hermes delivered by someone in a car who probably uninsured for bussines use.im afraid whats happened here maurice is normal practice for them .and was the item broken as normal.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 24, 2018 01:57 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a small black unmarked van (as usual), the package was in no way damaged.
There was no problem, as such, other than the inference on their site that it had been signed for which was untrue.

--------------------
Maurice

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2018 02:13 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't talk to me about bloody Hermes. I'm sat here staring at a 16cl that's been smashed to bits by the tossers. Literally smashed, literally tossers. They've actually managed to smash the film gate clean off. Now that takes some doing and some force.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2018 02:57 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have started asking sellers to please not use Hermes. Here it is always delivered at 6 or 7pm and by a very grumpy woman that goes on and on about how many parcels she has, etc and does not inspire confidence... I assume they are using zero hours workers who have other jobs and are at the end of their tether so it doesn't bode well for your fragile parcel.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Keith Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2018 03:25 PM      Profile for Keith Wilson   Email Keith Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even get my parcels the last three were lost in transit!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC