8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » It all started out with that one ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It all started out with that one ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 03, 2019 01:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I originally got back into my music, (about 2011), this was the song that I really wanted to do, a kind of salute to one of my favorite songs of the late 70's early 80's ... "Cruel to Be Kind' by Nick Lowe, (due to the very simplicity of the song, drums, bass, one eletric guitar, an acoustic or two and vocals ... pure bliss!)

When we did this video, it was an early march morning, and it was fairly windy, (which is the real reason why my wifey looks so pissed in the video, but it certainly worked for the lyrics).

That is outside of our hometown, Mountain Home, and you can see cows and the cheese factory, way in the background. Here is the link to the video, for Old Times sake ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GZq6RFU40

I have in the last few weeks, did a great re-master of this (less reverb on vocals, more crisp overall), but I've left that video as is as, as it was the begining of my return to my music. I hope you enjoy!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC