8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The rediculous ebay "GSP" program!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The rediculous ebay "GSP" program!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 20, 2019 12:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking at ebay UK super 8 sales and noticed a 200ft cartoon, and the seller states that they won't ship if they are not using the "GSP" program ...

The shipping quoted for the GSP program was 18 pounds for a little 200ft cartoon!

Now, i know that a 200ft reel, even by very good reliable overseas shipping will go for 5 pounds to the U.S., and I am so very curious as to how much the ebay GSP is actually "pocketing" out of this shipping option?

Are they actually shipping for 5 or 6 pounds, and pocketing the other 10 or so, pounds?

One thing is for sure, these poor lads that are depending on this GSP program, are not selling they're stuff as quickly as they could ... that is for sure, which ironically, means that ebay is shooting itself in it's own foot!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 21, 2019 02:59 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One advantage of the GSP program is buying in reverse, i.e., buying in the UK from the US.
The original pricing ensures that the package avoids interruption by the UK customs with the demand for an exorbitant fee, plus a Royal Mail handling fee as well.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 21, 2019 03:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I strongly warn members from the GSP. Once an item I bought (from the UK) was not delivered to me and was sent back to EBay. They destroyed it (!) and told the seller he was responsible (!!). It was a small amount so the seller refund me without problem but we were both amazed by that.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 22, 2019 02:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought a few films from US eBay using the GSP and have had no problems.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 22, 2019 03:02 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Problems may (I hope it's seldom) occur if the item is not delivered, Maurice. I guess, as often, it's a question of luck.

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 22, 2019 11:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is the horrendous INFLATED prices for shipping.

I have a request ...

Could people, getting packages thru the GSP program, please state what the GSP shipping was on the auction, and then compare the shipping to what the STICKER on the package actually states for the shipping!

I'm just curious to find out how much ebay may well be pocketing out of this!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC