8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Calling "son" to lower rank, does it real happen in the US?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling "son" to lower rank, does it real happen in the US?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 02, 2019 07:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of movies showing a higher rank army is calling the most lower rank soldiers with "son".

Now it is not in the war movies, I notice Senators or Congresmen also call the younger ones with this way or Governors/Mayors to their staff, FBI/CIA agents to the rookies, etc.

I knew in the movies this is sometimes are meant to show them closer and sometime to disgrace the opponents (usually replied by "I am not your son!").

So in the real US culture is this type of calling still applied to date? And which direction is meant to be?

What about to the female staffs? Do they do that?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 02, 2019 10:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it happens a lot more in the Movies than in real life.

-although at my very first electronics job (18 years old...), I was "the kid" for a while!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC