8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » ahhhh ... shipping.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ahhhh ... shipping.
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2019 11:02 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd vent on the subject. This is no reflection of any seller. I do look forward to the day when shipping overseas might become cheaper. I know that drones are starting to be used and may well be an option, but probably not for overseas shipping.

W're kind of stuck having to use planes to get it there and back. I've always had the thought that SOMEONE is really cleaning up and retiring on shipping. I mean, one package to Italy is approximately 150.00 to 175.00 dollars, (that's for the weight of two super 8 features) ...

Now, that's only ONE package to Italy, on a plane that has countless packages, going to Italy, per day ...

Can you imagine as to just HOW much money these shipping companies are making?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2019 12:11 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the unfortunate part...while the service to improve the prints is a plus the cost of getting them there makes it a no- go.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC