8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Hotels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Hotels
David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2019 02:30 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
it's only 5 week's to the Blackpool week-end,if you intend to go and want to book a hotel perhaps now is the time to do it,and get a better deal with an advanced booking.
If you would like to stay at the Grand Hotel (the convention and dinner venue)
ring the Grand Hotel on tel. no.01253 627977 and ask for Kerry Eastwood, mention you are attending the Film fair that week-end for a special rate.ie Bed,evening dinner and full English breakfast for £70.00 PPPN. two people sharing a twin room £50.00 PPPN.

If you would rather stay at a Different hotel here is a list of hotels and their Tel.no's, all are no more than 6 or 7 minutes walk from the Grand Hotel.

The Strand Hotel Tel.no. 01253 623320
The Rutland Hotel Tel.no. 01253 622791
Benson Hotel Tel.no. 01253 2911877
The Derby Hotel Tel.no. 01253 623708
Moorings Hotel Tel.no. 01253351822
Savoy Hotel Tel.no. 0871 220034

Even if you are staying at the Grand Hotel that week-end and intend to go to the Film Convention Dinner you must still book your place with Adrian Winchester Contact him on Tel.no 020 8656 0168 e-mail
adrianw_8-16@tiscali.co.uk
That of course also applies to anyone staying at other hotels etc.
The cost to those not staying at the Grand Hotel is £23.00 per head
for the three course dinner, film quiz, the chance to take part in the raffle (tickets only £1) and to enjoy the after dinner film show
Please try to come,we are trying to keep the Convention and dinner going and need all the support we can get, remember use or loose it.

ONCE IT's GONE IT's GONE.

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2019 06:04 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

My wife and I are staying at the Imperial and we should be there midday on Friday so I'm looking forward to catching up everyone at the Grand on Friday.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2019 04:13 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David (skillern),
yes I'll be there hopefully sometime friday afternoon
see you there looking forward to it, it'll be here before you know it.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2019 06:25 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi david and david cant wait booked a few weeks ago going thursday to monday.and yes this event is not to be missed this is the one thing we must keep going.if we loss this great event years of great friendship will be lost.long live the blackpool convention

--------------------
kinema king

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 14, 2019 09:26 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A spotless B&B is across the road with a excellent breakfast. Quiet and peaceful should you be looking for a more intimate stop over.
http://rossdenehouse.com

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2019 09:50 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee,
thanks for the hotel info, it all helps

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 15, 2019 01:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to seeing you fine chaps again, and hopefully find the RKo shorts I need - Cheers, Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 16, 2019 01:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I already shared, here, no need to spend a fortune to attend the Blackpool filmfair. I paid £ 21.50 for a return coach ticket from London and £ 47 for three nights in a small hotel (as long as I have a bed and a shower, even outside the room, I'm happy). Travelling that way allows me to attend several events all the year long and still keep some cash to spend for films and material [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2019 05:12 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just over 3 weeks to go for this fabulous event. november 17th Grand Hotel. Blackpool. top dealers.bring & buy.auction.film shows.admission still only £6.00.if you wish to be a dealer on the day contact Elaine Guest on 07931 457817. very limited space now available. friday night film show 8pm on the 15th. and of course superb evening meal event on saturday 16th. contact Adrian Winchester on 0208 6560168 if you wish to attend this great evening.which includes a superb meal.quiz.fabulous raffle and an excellent film show to round off the evening. a really great relaxed get together and that great opportunity to meet up with collector friends old and new.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2019 03:17 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only two weeks to go.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 11, 2019 02:00 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personal factors have sadly caused a gentleman booked into The Grand to inform me that he cannot now come to Blackpool. Just in case by any chance someone is now seeking a room there for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, please let me know and we can see if the Grand will allocate the room to a new person.

Room has now been snapped up, so no longer available.

[ November 13, 2019, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2019 03:00 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian
I would like to step in, if possible.
But I can stay only for 2 nights and need to travel back to Berlin early sunday afternoon.
Is it possible to get 2 nights (from friday to sunday)? Otherwise I pay for 3 nights if I only had the chance to stay at THE GRAND.

Thank You very much in advance
Oliver

[ November 12, 2019, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Oliver F. R. Feld ]

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2019 07:21 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Forum members and those going to Blackpool this week-end
its confirmed we can welcome another oversea's collector to the Convention. Oliver (Feld) is flying in from Germany (Berlin) he will be arriving on Friday and will join us for all the activities and the Convention Dinner during the week-end If you get a chance say hello and welcome him, a fellow collector we've e-mailed each other more than once and he seems a very nice guy. See as many of you as I can there
and safe journey's..

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2019 11:10 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really looking forward to it - we are travelling up from South Wales before 8am on Friday morning - so should be Blackpool around midday - traffic permitting !!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC