8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Creature From The Black Lagoon 3D Bluray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Creature From The Black Lagoon 3D Bluray
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 02, 2019 03:29 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have now seen Creature From The Black Lagoon several times, in 2-D DVD version, in 35mm Anaglyphic version, and in 400ft super 8mm digest version also in 3D using the blue red glasses. A couple of nights ago my grandson invited me over to his home theater to watch the 3D blu ray of CFBL projected on an 8ft wide screen using an Epsom digital projector synced to shutter glasses. Well, none of these previous viewings prepared me for what I saw - it just blew me out of the lagoon! I had no idea how extraordinary and beautiful the 3D quality of the 3D in this film was. There was absolutely no visible cross-talk between left and right images, the 3d images are beautifully sharp and clean with amazing depth and projection. And the blu ray itself is superb quality, very sharp with deep black and white contrast. And of course seeing Julia Adams in that white bathing suit in 3d was an added bonus.
Altogether a most enjoyable and impressive experience.
Highly recommended.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2019 10:33 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, Paul. It's wonderful that people can finally see the film as moviegoers originally experienced it in 1954; in high quality polarized 3-D. The early 70's anaglyphic (red/blue) conversion pales in comparison.

There's a wealth of great vintage 3-D on Blu-ray now and you might find our website a useful resource. www.3dfilmarchive.com

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 03, 2019 10:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a pity 3D tv sets are not manufactured anymore.

--------------------
Dominique

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2019 01:39 PM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed but with excellent projectors (a friend just got a terrific Epson for $700) and VR headsets, 3-D is still viable at home!

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 03, 2019 02:55 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't compare digital 3D projection on an 8ft screen in a dark room with 3D on a flat panel TV, just no comparison. One is a novelty, the other is cinema. I tell you, the creatures claw was projecting out half way across a 15ft room! Just amazing 3D, and it really added tremendously to the experience of the film. Hard to believe it was 3D photographed so well with two cameras way back in the 1950's.
Incidentally, the stunt double for Julia Adams's underwater scenes was one of the original Weeki Wachi Springs mermaids and she lives about two miles from my house. When the Enzian cinema in Maitland had a special 3D showing of CFTBL about 10 years ago, she signed the box art cover of my 400ft Universal digest print.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC