8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » UPS Rates are going up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPS Rates are going up
Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 11:27 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPS
2020 Rates and Services

During the past year, we’ve introduced new product and service offerings such as UPS My Choice® for business (ups.com/mychoiceforbusiness). We’re also adding more speed to accelerate our ground network with more enhancements planned in 2020. At the same time, investments in technology have been a priority to improve your shipping processes and visibility so you can better service your customers. To help you plan ahead, below is a summary of our 2020 rates*.

The following changes will take effect on December 29, 2019:

• The Retail rates for UPS® Ground will increase an average net 4.5%.

• The Retail rates for UPS Air and International will increase an average net 0.9%.

For additional information about these and other new charges, and to get the most up to date rates, visit rates.ups.com. The 2020 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on rates.ups.com on or before December 29, 2019.

This is why i use the postal service
RC's Classic Collections

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2019 11:32 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FedEx is also raising their rates again Richard. Good thing the U.S.P.S. is a self sustaining non-profit business...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 22, 2019 04:33 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how the postal companiesn calculate their rate but Hongkong/China based companies can make the shipping cost so cheap for international.

I bought remote control, Lights, parts etc always from such companies listed on Ebay. A remote control is only $5 that is shipping included worldwide!!

I though it would be shipped via a snail mail that would take months to arrive... but apparently it was not. It used air mail service and with tracking too! Once I received via DHL!!!

So how they actually calculate the rate??

Just the other side note, if I am buying the same remote control here that would be $12 alone not include my fuel cost and parking 😂

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC