8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » 9.5mm Film Dealers Please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 9.5mm Film Dealers Please
Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2007 05:15 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who are the best UK dealers for 9.5mm? I know all the usual suspects for 8mm but would like to know who is the Derann of 9.5.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2007 07:49 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig

Though not a specific 9.5mm dealer, Chris Nichols at http://www.arundel-photographica.co.uk/ has a special fondness for super 8 and 9.5mm and tends to have quite an interesting selection at his shop.

This recent talk about 9.5mm has made me feel inclined to have a closer look at these old projectors and films when I'm next over there, I usually only bother with the super 8 stuff.

Oh dear, I can feel another collection coming on [Roll Eyes] .

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 04, 2007 08:39 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I would think it has to be Buckingham Films. They even converted Eiki 16mm machines to 9.5mm and all in house too.

They are still going and still offer many s/h film titles.

Buckingham Films still have a stall at the BFCC.

Buckingham Films

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 04, 2007 01:22 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Craig,
Yes Kev is right, Buckingham Films is the Taj Mahal of 9.5mm. Tony's shop in the beautiful little town of Buckingham is crammed with 9.5mm equipment and films. Plus of course that is where you go to purchase the modern Bukingham 9.5mm mag/optical projector - the Elf conversion. But Tony also has Pathe Baby's, Ace's, 200B's, etc. Well worth a visit.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 04, 2007 01:58 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it still there, I thought the lease was up or something like that.
best Mark.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 04, 2007 02:11 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
I talked to Tony a couple of months ago and if I remember right his lease runs out in June, so anyone wanting to visit there should do so within the next 3 months. I am hoping to stop by in May, after the BFCC. Perhaps if enough people go there we can all hope that it might encourage Tony to renew his lease.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC