8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathe Baby Motors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Baby Motors
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 09:40 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone give me some info on the Pathe Baby motors. Did they operate directly from the mains voltage (115v or 230 volts) or were they 12 volt motors (the same as the lamps)?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 02:24 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul.
The Baby I have has a resistance for the motor to convert our 240 volt mains to 110 volt to drive the motor.
Have fun.
Lee.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 17, 2007 04:51 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's for that info Lee. Perhaps you could tell me where Pathe located the switch for the motor.
I am a little hesitant of trusting the insulation on an 80 year old 115 volt motor, so I think I will try to design in a 12 volt motor that could run off the same little tranformer that I have wired in for the modern 20 watt halogen light conversion. A 12 volt gear motor would be plenty powerful enough to drive the 'Baby' and would be totally safe, just a matter of getting the right gear and pulley reduction for 16fps. It would be nice if I could somehow integrate this into an existing Pathe Baby motor housing to preserve the vintage look of the machine. Anyway, food for thought, and sounds like a fun next project! [Wink]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC