8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope Son on View

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope Son on View
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 01, 2007 10:28 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks!
I have been at it again with the old Mobile phone video clips and you can now view a couple of videos of the Pathescope Son 9.5mm optical sound projector.

One clip also shows the simple lamp conversion to 100 watt QI.

Have fun.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK9bnCIaH10

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 02, 2007 04:43 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice clips Lee, and I'm glad that machine will soon be coming in my direction.

I have to say there is something quite quaint about those 9.5mm machines.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 02, 2007 02:28 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the thing about 9.5mm Kev, it is all very basic. The 9.5mm projectors are, for the most part, extremely simple with little of the sophistication and high precision of super 8mm machines, and sometimes with an almost complete disregard for the minor matter of film scratching!. When you have a large picture aperture and f4.0 projection lenses you can get by with a lot. But thats what makes them easy to maintain and fix up. My 85 year old Pathe Baby runs like a Swiss watch, and black and white 9.5mm film seems to last forever. If you want to capture the nostalgia and charm of 1920's to 1950's movies in the home, 9.5mm is arguably the way to go.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC