8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathe Baby Pulleys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Baby Pulleys
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 01, 2007 11:16 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have managed to get hold of a motor for my Pathe Baby, but I do not have the intermediate pulleys. Can someone tell me what the diameter is of the two intermediate pulleys system as it looks like I will have to get something custom made.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2007 09:04 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

The pulley on my machine is approx 3 inches. I do not think that the pulley size is critical as the motor I have has a speed control switch, therefore eliminating accurate speed gearing.

Tony at Buckingham films has the remains of a Baby for spares with if I remember a pulley attached.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 02, 2007 12:38 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's so much Craig. I assume the secondary pulleys are joined together, so is the small secondary pulley about the same size as the one on the motor shaft? Also, do the secondary pulleys run on ball bearings or are they just bushings?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2007 01:18 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be going to Buckingham films on Saturday afternoon & will ask Tony what is the best set up for a motor drive.

Craig

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 10, 2007 04:02 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thank's to Grahame Newnham in the UK, who has managed to find me a 'Baby' double motor pulley. I have belts on order from Wharton Parfitt, so I will soon have my motorised 'Baby' up and running like Craig's! [Smile]
Great to have so many helpful people across the pond.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 10, 2007 07:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Craig came round to mine on Thurs eve and set the baby up for a show and I have to say I was well impressed. I thought that 9.5mm was one of those jittery formats but what a superb image the baby gave.

It's amazing that you can get such a superb picture from a machine which uses only the claw to transport the film.

Cant wait to get my Son off of Lee.

I have some more pics of Craig's Baby which I will put on here soon.

Kev.

[ March 12, 2007, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2007 10:25 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news about the drive pulleys Paul. Kev, since I adjusted the motor brushes, the hunting has virtually disappeared. I will remove them both and give the whole motor and bearings a good clean. As we have a load of carbon brushes at work I may as well make a couple of spare sets up.

Glad you enjoyed the Baby Kev, don't forget to drop me an email when you get your Son up and running & I will pop over again for an optical demonstration.

Craig

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC