8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Another Princess

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Princess
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 25, 2007 12:55 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Princess is up for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PATHESCOPE-PRINCESS-9-5mm-CINE-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ230120317623QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11722QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one looks in very good shape and is bargain priced compared with the last one that sold at over $1000.00! [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 26, 2007 07:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
A real work of art indeed [Smile] K.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 26, 2007 03:16 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! Looks a bit like an alien life form.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 01, 2007 02:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold for $720.00! Amazing!

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2007 07:08 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Princess went for $672 today.I notice it is the second one "minicine" has bought! Maybe he intends cornering the market? [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2007 08:44 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I bid on the combined Prince/Princess kit someone offered, until I came to my senses and figured I was up against some dedicated collectors and I didn't feel like going broke just on principle, especially since so far I have been doing only Super-8 and 16. But I wanted 'just one' of the 9.5s in my small collection (sigh.)

Then I landed a Pathe 'Lux' from a collector in Israel a few minutes later, just like that, so, assuming this one lives up to its lovely description, I will have yet another format to justify more financial ruin.

They say you only live once, but since I started collecting film and gear, I realize I may not even make it that far... [Big Grin]

But what fun.
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 12, 2007 09:21 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Claus,
The Pathescope Princess is the most basic projector you can imagine. Why it commands such a high price on ebay is beyond me. Must have a cult following or something.
If I were you I would look around for a Pathe Baby ( or Pathe Ace) in good condition. You see a lot of these on ebay and they are very solid machines and far far better than the cheaply constructed Princess. The Baby is a better built projector than the Ace.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2007 12:12 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Thanks for the info; I'm glad I passed on the combo.

The Pathe 'Lux' I am getting is evidently an unusual one. It was a later model with higher light output, but people didn't want it because it caused the notched still frames to burn.

Consequently, according to the seller, there aren't that many of these. I think the story was that Pathe intended it for use with non-notched film only, but I am not sure; I am completely new to 9.5.

Best,
Claus.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC