8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » PATHE EUROP 9,5mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PATHE EUROP 9,5mm
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2007 09:59 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my projector:

web page

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2007 11:50 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony

That was great, being able to see it and hear it running. Marvelous! If you're interested I have the ACW (Amateur Cine World) test report for the Europ, which was in the September 7th issue of 1961. If you haven't seen it and would like to I could email you a scan.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2007 02:12 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
Ok! I want well! Thank you very much! I will put on Youtube my various projectors!

Best regard

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2007 04:37 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tony

I've sent the scans off to your volia.fr address, hope that's right.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2007 12:54 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike,

I received the scan! I am very happy!

Thank you very much

Best regard!

--------------------
Tony

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2007 03:28 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike,could you please send me a copy of that review?
Tony,my Europ has the 8v50w bulb-did you convert yours to halogen?
regards,Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2007 04:41 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor

Test report sent, it should be with you now.

I noticed in a 1969 copy of Movie Maker a mention of the Europ being still in production at that time and having recently undergone a revamp. I wonder how long the production ran for?

Mike [Smile]

--------------------

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2007 06:08 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it!Thanks very much Mikey [Smile] I think Ligonie turned out the Europs with QI bulbs-available as late as 1969(just checked Graham Newnhams" great site and this seems to be correct),regards,Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 03, 2007 05:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi 9-5 fans.
Here is a photo I took at last years superb International 9.5 Film Festival and on the right you can see the 250 watt lamp version of the Europ with magnetic sound base in use.
Very nice machine .
 -
Also the publicity image
 -
On the left is the same slim line Elf I use here.
The lad in the photo is not me but one of my 9-5 chums who lives quite near me which is handy.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2007 06:17 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly looks like "a thousand bucks" with the big wheels,Lee!
Were there any alterations to the rewind(pathetic on mine).regards,Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 03, 2007 06:26 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid not. Peter always rewinds on rewind arms due to the rewind issue on the Europ, and also to save such a special machine from wearing out. Very nice projector which gave a very good image at the festival. Peter only ever uses it on the low light setting in the main. He is due to bring the projector here shortly for a job I am helping him with so I will take a video clip on it for you and post it on Youtube in a few weeks. That site does come in handy every now and again. Of all the 9.5mm sound projectors I have ever used I think the Europ or Heurtier OSM were and are the best.

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2007 07:22 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Trevor, I placed a small electronic transformer inside the projector: entry 240v and left 12v 100w! Then I built a support to put a halogen lamp 12v 100w!

Here is my other projector tri Film Heurtier: 8,9,5 and 16mm 15v 150w halogen:

web page

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC