8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Elmo 16CL or 9mm5

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16CL or 9mm5
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2007 12:59 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190167195404&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Exceptional projector 9,5mm Elmo 16CL

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 04, 2007 05:01 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing. I bet 9.5 looks great on the machine. Shame the project never got off the ground.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 05, 2007 09:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, this machine is not 9.5mm. This could turn into a long story, but I will try and keep it short and sweet.

A few years back the French tried to launch a new format for 9-5, but it was not actually 9.5mm film. The new format was to be widescreen and we had seen some results from both modified camera and projector over the years. Unfortunately despite speculation TV was going to use some of it this extraordinarily weird and wonderful film, nothing came of it. In truth only limited film was produced for the specially modified camera, and obviously no printed films were available.

To bid on this item you will have to be a serious enthusiast for 9-5 items, but don’t expect to find films or camera stock for either as they are not available. If memory serves me right Super 9-5 was 11.55MM wide, so the reference to 9.5mm is just a token one.

The Elmo shown is a converted 16mm machine and if purchased you will be limited to showing the Super 9-5 film gauge only, if you can find more film that is.

Super Nine Five was a very interesting development at the time but somewhat limited today and just a curiosity.

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2007 11:37 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Lee,
It is true! I see on an image of film that the holes are not in the center of the film

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC