8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » New to the Forum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New to the Forum
Paul Stanley
Junior

- posted April 07, 2008 01:13 PM      Profile for Paul Stanley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first ever posting on this forum so I hope to get the hang of it.
I was at a University lecture which had just been given by a vintage film enthusiast and he put me in touch with the 9.5mm Forum. Mr Mannerings posts I see are plentiful on these pages so you may not be surprised to hear it was he who was giving a excellent lecture about the Pathe 17.5mm film system and also demonstrating two Pathe Rural machines which he had electronically rigged for an automated switch over from reel to reel. These machines were made during the 30’s but he seemed to have spent some considerable time carrying out significant modifications to the pair of machines including improved lighting which filled the 180 screen well. So this is where I join the Forum and have become interested in 17.5mm film following on from Lees lecture and I hope to bring something to the forum in the future which may also interest others.

--------------------
Lets get Lee back on the Forum action group!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 06:56 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Paul. Anyone coming from a place named Pinewood get's an extra special welcome! [Smile]
No question that Lee is the mainstay of our little 9.5mm forum, you may want to search these pages and view some of his YouTube specials showing 9.5mm equipment. And if it's that famous Pinewood that you live in, you are a stones throw away from the British Film Collectors Convention in Ealing on May 24.
I have to travel a little bit further. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC