8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Blind Baby !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blind Baby !
Nico Storm
Junior

- posted July 28, 2008 09:59 AM      Profile for Nico Storm   Author's Homepage   Email Nico Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. My name is Nico and I am from The Netherlands. So my first problem is my English but I'll try my best :-).
Last week I bought an old film projector on a flee marked because I loved the thing on the first sight.
I did not know anything about that thing and it did not rotate, but I liked to restore it.
At home I found the way to open it and see the deformed flywheel/shutter blocking the movement.
Then I started surching the Internet for info of the Baby-Pathe and so I found also this forum.
I took the whole projector apart to peaces and cleaned everything (there was a layer of 80 years smoke tarnish(?) on the outside and hard grease inside ).
The flywheel I grinded it with a grindstone so that it fits again and assembled the whole thing and greased and lubricated the parts and it sounds now like a good little steam machine as I turn the handle and that gives a good feeling.

But now my problem: I did not found the projection lens and not on the whole Internet I could find a picture or pointing to that thing. Only in the manual it says: clean the lens on both sides.
I found that there is a rotating knob that the focus adjust but there is nothing on the other side of the rod, so that means I have no projection lens at all
There are two types of focus adjusting one with a slider and one with the rotating knob and rod.
So is there anyone of you that can show me the different type of lenses and point me to the direction of finding a lens for my projector?
I hope that anyone of you can help me.

With kind regards, Nico

|  IP: Logged

Nico Storm
Junior

- posted August 05, 2008 05:13 PM      Profile for Nico Storm   Author's Homepage   Email Nico Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My lens problem is partly fixed. I have found a lens but there are still missing some parts between the lens and the focus rod teeth. So it will be fixed focus until I find out what I am missing o.a. a serrated spring and a locating pin and maybe more.
Now I have to find out how to modify the lampholder for a 12V halogeen lamp.
Nico

Erwin Geeraerts
Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2008 02:44 AM      Profile for Erwin Geeraerts   Author's Homepage   Email Erwin Geeraerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Vintage Sound And Vision there is a little part of how the collector transformed the lamp of his Pathé Baby.

--------------------
CINEGRAPHICA

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC