8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Martyn Stevens's Superb Web Site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Martyn Stevens's Superb Web Site
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 04, 2008 04:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For any film collectors, not just nine-fivers, a periodic visit to Martyn Stevens's superb web site is a must. Martyn is building up an invaluable catalog of vintage cine equipment pictures, catalogs, and manuals, and always has a fascinating new item to read every couple of weeks. He has just added an article on the intruiging Pathe Monaco 4.75 mm 'Vistavision' projector, which is a must read.

http://www.cinerdistan.co.uk/monaco.htm

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2008 04:06 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,I hold Martyn in awe! I took my Monaco to pieces, as he did....I had to get a projector technician to rebuild it. [Roll Eyes] Mine came with factory instructions-without the illustrations!I'm indebted to you Martyn,for the decent resolution booklet you have posted.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 05, 2008 11:07 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Trev, reading Martyn's article it would appear that the Monaco exceeds even Pathe's high standard of user unfriendliness! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2008 04:37 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I ran a bit of 4.75mm-really just looks like,half a 9.5mm frame!! [Roll Eyes] Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2008 01:27 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And for many people its the first time they have ever seen Horizontal scratches. [Big Grin]

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2008 12:12 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also,let's not forget his 28mm , 17.5mm and 9.5mm catalogue reprints and scannings,the CINEMA CHEZ SOI magazine scannings AND the superb collection of 11 DVDs of rare 28mm film transfers (at very low prices,I must say).An invaluable addition to the history and study of film collecting and to film history in general.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 09, 2008 12:24 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, here's a toast to Martin for the great home cinema resource he has constructed. [Smile]
Graham, knowing Pathe's dismal engineering standards, I bet Trev saw a lot more than just horizontal scratches! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC