8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » 9.5 wire belt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 9.5 wire belt
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2010 12:38 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have solved the problem I hope with my Ditmar, just realised that the belt on take up reel is rubber and is too tight and pulling film through bottom pulley and loosing bottom loop, Need a wire belt, have one but is too long, is there any way of re-joining it to make it shorter, or is there an alternative material to replace the wire type, could try making a clutch to fit on the take-up pulley I suppose as a last resort. any ideas gents?

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2010 12:05 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just get a replacement belt..I have always had bad luck with the wire ones' slipping, I used to get them from Warton but now you might try who he gave all of his stock over to at mikebelts_atthe_yahoo_dot_co.uk

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2010 12:37 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason for a wire belt is so that it does slip on the take-up reel as this machine has no clutch for doing that, have just found one that does fit and tried it out on a 400ft reel of film and it worked perfectly. So I am now happy [Big Grin] , would still like to know if it is possible to re-join these wire belts.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2010 01:31 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian Oh, that makes sense, I have rejoined them with some needle nose plyers and the little joined bit (as long as it is not too large) doesn't really hurt it.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC