8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Your 9.5mm Film Shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your 9.5mm Film Shows
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 31, 2011 04:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our 9.5mm Film meeting went off very well over the weekend with a total of twelve film makers and collectors coming along for the day. It’s always nice to meet with others who share a common interest enthuse about 9-5 and all things Pathe. We also viewed a selection of amateur colour sound films and a programme of 9.5mm Optical sound which was most interesting. A little later we were treated to a demonstration of the Edison Phonograph with accompanying selection of cylinders to choose from. All in all a very nice meeting of friends and the end to a perfect weekend, although when we got home around midnight I did manage to screen a few sound films before retiring. Boy are we keen or what! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Cindy Thoennessen
Junior

- posted March 31, 2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Cindy Thoennessen   Email Cindy Thoennessen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, You might have seen my recent posts on 8mm/16mm. I'm project managing the upcoming Levi's Film Workshop in LA (a community-based arts outreach program complete with courses, rental and in-house equipment and screenings all available free to the public) and I'd LOVE to have a 9.5mm screening night. I've been a huge fan of the format ever since I discovered a stash of my great grandmother's Pathe baby films and a projector. Could I talk with you about making this happen or can you recommend a contact? You can reach me at cindythoe@gmail.com

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2011 11:49 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cindy I will be emailing you right now since I'm very familiar with this project...I work with Lisa and Paolo...I'll email you off site.

Dino

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC