8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Thank you Allan Broadfield

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank you Allan Broadfield
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 02:12 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow I rec'd the dvd of Mad about machines and I must say that I cannot thank you enough (which is why I am doing it publicly)..What a wonderful program and such a unique man that Bailey the Light.....The video is now one of my prized possessions, and I will tell you why...
1 - It has the auction/and scenes from the group 9.5 meeting at Pimlico, something I always read about and now have a visual
2 - It has footage of some of my bonafide heroes such as Ken Valentine (not to mention a few quick cameos of our old friend David Erskine)
3 - It is a 25 minute program about a true cine-guy!

Cannot thank you enough, and just name what I can do in return...Hope to see you at the 9.5 50th celebration, since that will only happen the one time.....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 30, 2011 04:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to put a downer on the programme but the auction of Harold’s projectors was in fact set-up for the benefit of the programme itself. He was a great guy, extremely interesting to talk to and one of the small number of members who freely offered help to me when I started with the French gauge. One of the good guys most certainly and missed. [Frown]

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 02:00 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino, just glad you enjoyed.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC