8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » What 9.5mm films have you watched this week? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: What 9.5mm films have you watched this week?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2014 04:39 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched two sound films "Maman" with Françoise Rosay ; the original title of this French film is "Maternité". The sound on my copy is poor but the film seems to be rare following the few informations available on the Net. The second film was a cartoon in colour with an English soundtrack : Inspector Willouhby in Rough & Tumbleweed.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 27, 2014 06:57 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A home movie I shooted three weeks ago in Amsterdam. It came back from the lab today, which was fast as I sent it only last week ! it was a 30 meter spool of a trip on a boat (to complete other footage I took in Amsterdam before the Summer holidays) I also watched a French (sound) film : Le petit Jacques (from 1934).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 30, 2014 03:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The French (sound) documentary "Solesmes" about a monastry. Good language level on the comment !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 06, 2014 03:36 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Le bataillon du ciel" (part one). The original film is two parts and so is the 9,5 sound version. It has two 600 meters (2000 ft) spools. The film is in French but the action (of this first part) is located in Britain and strangely there are some (very few) dialogues in English that are not subtitles). I hope to Watch the part two tomorrow.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 07, 2014 03:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The part two of "Le bataillon du ciel".

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 15, 2014 04:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monsieur Breloque a disparu (Mister Breloque Vanished), a (sound) French film. I bought that film many years ago but for some unknown reason, the first reel disappared. When I moved, that reel came back to light but then...the two other reels(that were in the same box) are not to found. I recently found that the box had been mixed with 16mm films. I waited until I got large reels to respool the film and be able to Watch it without a break. The big day (or more precisely the big night) was today. I enjoyed the film very much, not only for itself also for the story of the twice lost parts. Not so surprising when you look at the title...

--------------------
Dominique

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2014 03:39 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

tres cool et joyeux Noel, mon ami < [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 25, 2014 04:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waw, tu parles français ! Joyeux Noël à toi aussi. (Waw, you speak French ! Merry Christmas to you, too.)

--------------------
Dominique

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2014 05:04 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merci Dominique,

oui, je pale Francis et veux le bien pratiquer chaque fois j'ai l'occasion [Smile] !!!

translation- yes, I speak French and like to practice it well every time I get the chance to [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 26, 2014 06:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Je me demande si tu as un accent québécois quand tu parles français ;-) I Wonder if you have a an accent from Québec when you talk French ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 05, 2015 05:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Le révolté, a French (sound) film. The action is set among sailors. I tested my newly acquired lens with this film and was happy to have a bigger picture (that fills all my screen) than before.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 06, 2015 05:12 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Man In The Mirror. The sound was more than poor ; I did something I never dared to do before : I moved the screw that adjusts the position of the exciter lamp. It did work perfectly ! I don't know why some films need an adjustment. I noticed with another film (a musical extract from a feature) that pressong on the film with my finger improved the poor sound that film had but I was afraid to do something wrong by changing the setting just for one film. I had no other choice with The Man In The Mirror, so finally I'm happy I did it.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 14, 2015 04:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
L'aventure est au coin de la rue, a French sound film. I've waited for 800 meters reels as I have still a few features not monted on them. This film luckily fits perfectly the spool. However, the previous owner had put the film on the reverse side (Mirror picture), so I had to put it right before projecting (and of course I noticed it only when I started the projection). It worthed the effort as the film, although old, didn't had a single break.

--------------------
Dominique

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 02:01 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was sick for awhile, and then my wife and I got a new puppy (still exhausting) but I was determined to watch something tonight. First film in months, Powder and Smoke (aka Your Money or your Life SB 759), a Charley Chase comedy incorrectly listed as Paul Parrot. How many comedies culminate in the comedian actually killing someone? Well this one does. A Jimmy Jump one reeler that must be close to complete on the Pathescope version. Sad thing is my camera that for years has taken excellent pictures took some that look like badly interlaced video... [Frown] I may never fully understand digital stuff...

Oh and Dominique - Oddly enough I just looked at the April/May 1940 issue of Pathescope Monthly tonight which happens to be the issue detailing Man in the Mirror.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 02, 2015 05:20 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have excellent readings, Dino !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 19, 2015 05:28 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le sauvetage du Dakota, a sound newsreel I recently bought.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 28, 2015 06:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le miracle de Sainte-Thérèse (I guess no need to translate this title). I had to face two problems : some bad perforations and a too short reel to contain the feature. I was prepaired to put small papers onto the reel during the projection to localize the perfo to repair when rewinding (but they were not so numerous so this was a good surprise as when I Filmguarded the film I imagined it would be worse). No solution so far for the reel. It seems that is not possible to make large spools with a smaller core due to the lack of demand (a minimum of 500 reels has to be order because a smaller core would need a special fabrication, so...).

--------------------
Dominique

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, Small core reels are not very popular for 9.5mm because so many of the projectors have the take up reels driven by spring belts with the tension designed for the standard core size. When a small core reel is used for the take up it pulls the film too strongly, resulting in damage to the perforations at the bottom sprocket. hence so many of the films have damage at the start! The "Cyldon" 400ft and 800ft reels have small cores and should never be used as take up spools. Ken Finch. [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 04:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good warning, Ken, thanks. I watched Here Comes Troubles (first three parts) and Return Fare To Laughter. I wished to Watch more films but at this time of the year, it is still day around 9.30 pm in Belgium.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 05:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two silent films "Betty Boop Little Nobody" (actually I have the silent version of this sound cartoon) and "Our Gang Full Steam Ahead".

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 06:20 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a long time, my Buckingham enlighted my evening again thanks to a friend who lifted it yesterday and put it on my table (costed me a pizza). So I watched two documentaries in French : Le dernier des Incas (The last of the Incas) : it was about people of South America, Icare (the story of aviation) and then a British musical : Gathering Of The Clans. I didn't Watch more because I realized that the two French films were not spooled on the correct way for the Buckingham so I had to respool them which took time. I hope to be better prepared for tomorrow.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 07:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Mollow Side, a 16 mm sound film reperfored to 9.5. S I used a lens that reverses the picture. Then a French documentary about a sport school : L'école de Joinville. This was followed by a French feature : Le roi des resquilleurs with a famous singer (Georges Milton) of the time the film was shooted. And to end, Stan Laurel explore l'Afrique. The two last films mentionned were given for free. They were not in good condition regarding the perforations but my restoration was not bad and I've had few problems.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 08, 2015 05:45 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The British sound documentary : "Killers Of The Insect World", then a French one : "Grande île de Madagascar". I watched a third film but this one was in poor condition (it belongs to the free films lot) and unlike the films mentionned in my preeceding post, it stopped several times in the projector. So I marked the places where the problematic perforations are and I will fix them tomorrow (in the light). The film has no main tittle but I found out that it is "Danse éternelle".

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 06:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Multum In Parvo, The Hyp-Nut-Tist Popeye) and then a French film : Ces messieurs de la santé with Raimu and Pauline Carton.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 15, 2015 11:17 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three sound documentaries : Fête arabe, Le Mont Saint Michel and Images de vacances.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC