8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » What 9.5mm films have you watched this week? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: What 9.5mm films have you watched this week?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 16, 2015 06:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The musical film Charing Cross Road (in English) and two (sound) documentaries : Les fourmis (The Ants) and Aile blanche (White Sail).

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 19, 2015 04:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voyage en Hollande, a very nice documentary about The Netherlands, les papillons (The Buterflies) and Braco. All sounds films (in French).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2015 04:17 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night : "La fôret vivante", "Comme un poisson dans l'eau" and "Soft Lights And Sweet Music". All sounds films.

[ January 02, 2016, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Dominique De Bast ]

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2015 08:46 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some more info about "Comme un poisson dans l'eau",please?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2015 09:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The title can be transleted by "like a fish in the water", and is an expression that means "feel nice". The film is a documentary mainly about water and swimming. You can see several scènes shoot underwater.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2015 05:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two "military" (sound) films : A l'assaut de la terre (about paratroopers' training) and Manœuvres navales (about navy).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 09, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to works in my room I had to refrain projecting as the surface on which I project 9,5 (waiting for being able to use my screen again) was affected by humidity and as everyone knows, you have to wait it has dried before you can paint. So, it is now white enough to project again :-) I watched a French feature : "La joueuse d'orgue". My copy is not in good condition regarding the picture (the sound, although is good) as there are many lines (among them large ones) but the film ran much better than feared. I had just to reloop three or four times. I had the surprise to realize when I started the film that is was not mounted on the right way (miror picture) so I had to respool and have no time to watch other films. Fortunately, it's dark early now, so I will be able to take benefit of my newly repainted wall :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 10, 2015 07:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened "Partir ou mourir" (The Edge Of The World). My copy is not bad but there is a noticeable quality difference (on sound and picture) on the second spool which is not as good as the two other ones. Then, I respooled and Filmguarded another feature I hope to Watch tomorrow.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 11, 2015 04:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice if other members could also post the titles of the films they project :-) Today, I saw the british sound film Sporting Love and the French sound film Les croix de bois (The Wooden Crosses), a film about the first WW I. It was the best day in the year to screen it as we celebrate in Belgium (with a day off and a commemoration) on 11th November the end of that war. The film is part of others I received for free a few months ago and it was a surprise that, unlike others it was in good condition.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2015 06:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Accusée, levez-vous !, a French sound film which ran well. Good sound.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 06:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two sound films. First, Les Monts en flammes. This, older than I, copy has many well visibles lines but ran well in the projector and the sound is good. Then I screened Little Men, a good copy. I enjoyed both films.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 30, 2015 01:46 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marry The Girl, a British sound film.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 30, 2015 05:38 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened a silent version of a sound film tonight. The French film is titled Mort ou vif (and exists also a 9.5 sound version). I got it on a 250 mt + 100 mt spools. I respooled the film on a larger spool capacity and Filmguarded (as usual) the film. Doing that, the weak splices usually break but that didn't happen this time ; they waited for passing through the projector ro do that. So I had several breaks (it seems that non film purposed tape has been used to make these splices). As the film was a detective one (and I was following the story) I decided not to stop the projection to check all the splices as it should have been done. The last section of the film ran without splices break which was a consolation for the numerous breaks I had during the projection. I will resplice the film tomorrow (as it is late now). The effect of the silent presentation of a sound film is far better than what I expected. I was used to that befor I had sound projectors and forgot that it was also nice to see a film this way when it is well edited with enough text ; that's what Pathé did very well.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 20, 2015 04:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bulb of my projector kindly blew up before the starting of the projection which saved me from an unwanted break. I watched Monsieur taxi, a French sound film with Michel Simon. My copy is supposed to have been owned by the actor.

--------------------
Dominique

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2015 09:00 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Dominique, you certainly have had a good run of screening 9.5mm films,I have just finished screening some 16mm films and now I am moving onto the large amount of 9.5mm silent films I was given earlier this year! Can't wait [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 25, 2015 05:12 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you will enjoy that Clinton. Tonight, I screened a French sound film mounted on two 600 mt (2000 ft) reels : L'or (The Gold). The film ran perfectly.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 02, 2016 07:38 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A British sound film : When Knights Were Bold.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 03, 2016 05:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le brigand gentilhomme, a French sound film. It just fits a 800 mt spool. Ouf.

--------------------
Dominique

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 12:29 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been dormant for almost a year but finally getting back at it. Tonight I watched Pathescope's 2 reel cut down of Tommy Atkins , normally I take pics, but my print is so worn I had to man the gate on my Spector to even watch it....I have to confess I have never seen the full feature and I know British silent are not always highly regarded, but I think Pathescope ruined this one with such a poor job of editing...Oddly they kept a lot of the original intertitle cards, but without all of the surrounding action and other titles it became a confusing mess. The story is kind of like WINGS in the desert, but they I introduced characters and plot lines that never came back...Some unusual direct address shots made me think there might be an interesting film in there, but sadly not the Pathescope version.......But it was nice to finally get back to favorite pastime....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 07, 2016 08:20 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night, I watched Etoiles de music-hall, the beginning of one of the few 9,5 musical reels released in French is missing but I got it for free and it is still enjoyable. Then, the feature (mounted on a 800 mt/2600 ft) Le saut dans l'abîme, a moutain film. I then screnned the documentary Autour un film de montagne, the making of another moutain film, Premier de cordiée.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 26, 2016 05:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Une fois dans la vie (Once In Life), a French comedy with Noël-Noël and Renée Saint-Cyr.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 27, 2016 06:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le mot de Cambronne (Cambronne's Word), a film for French language's lovers.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 03, 2016 05:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Si j'étais le patron (If I Were The Boss). Nice comedy with Mireille Balin.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 04, 2016 04:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The song "Seven Years With The Wrong Woman" and then the French film Jeannou.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 05:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice (sound) British film : Secret Of The Loch. After many months of projecting of my wall (to avoid lifting my heavy Buckingham too high), I was happy to be able to project 9,5 on my screen again (I'm recovering well from my slip disc operation :-)

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC