8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » SOLVED: Pathe Baby Takeup Chamber winding film too tightly (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: SOLVED: Pathe Baby Takeup Chamber winding film too tightly
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 14, 2013 09:25 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,
These projectors only use a 10 watt bulb, so the screen size in the Pathe advertisement (above) is, to say the least, slightly exaggerated. [Smile]
In practice, screen size is limited to about a 30 ins wide silver screen.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2013 10:02 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul, typical advertising, but no bad for the time, in the 50s TV screens were 14 inches, and for many years 18 inches was the largest you could get.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 14, 2013 10:44 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. My parent's first TV, in 1956, was a 14 ins Phillips, so the 30 inch glass beaded screen used for the hand cranked Pathe Ace looked huge! [Smile]
Happy memories of cranking through such great silents as Blackmail, The Informer, White Hell of Pitz Palu, ETC.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2013 01:07 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You had some great films Paul. I remembered that in some museum I had seen a TV with a 9 inch screen and a huge wooden cabinet. My first screen was a glass beaded 40 inch, which at the time seemed huge; we thought it was like sitting in the cinema.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 12:29 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice, Yes its me again!! re convering the Baby to modern lighting. Look through old posts and you will see Dino has done it and so have I using a little 12volt 10 watt halogen bulb and the 2 pin ceramic socket. All obtainable quite cheaply from your D.I.Y. store as is also a suitable lighting transformer to run it. Ken Finch. [Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 19, 2013 02:33 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there Ken [Smile] I will be looking into the conversion eventually. The holidays are coming up and lots of other projects are ahead. However, I will be researching all the threads and you can expect once I get started you know I'll be ready with plenty of questions.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC