8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Ekie 16mm to 9.5mm conversion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ekie 16mm to 9.5mm conversion
John Glasson
Junior

- posted October 29, 2013 02:55 AM      Profile for John Glasson   Author's Homepage   Email John Glasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I looked an Ekie and Pathe Gem that I have and it would appear one is able to use the gate from a Gem and retro fit it to the Eike with little effort, also the sprocket from the Gem will fit perfectly on the shafts of the Ekie, or just use ones from Pathe projectors.

The feed and guide rollers may have to modified or again just replace with same from a pathe or another 9.5mm projector.

The claw and cam box is only held by two bolts and is easy to remove.

My thoughts are to simply move the cam box the required distance to centre the film perfs, ( move the cam box outward the required distance and take up the space with shims or washers)
Any one done this conversion.

--------------------
http://ponpuonfinc.webs.com/

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 12:16 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John, have just read your post. You are not the first one to use a GEM gate and pressure pad. It saves a lot of hard work if you are able to get one in very good condition. However the GEM sprocket is much too small having only 8 teeth and will feed the film faster than the claw mechanism! It is not too difficult to covert the 16mm sprockets. Try a member of your local model engineering club if you are unable to do it yourself. Ken Finch.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 26, 2013 03:57 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to be interest for 9,5 in Australia :-)

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC