8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Ebay madness?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay madness?
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2014 02:34 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone really think that this imperfect 9.5mm silent projector is worth this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PATHE-EUROP-9-5mm-9-5-PROJECTOR-Cine-Movie-Silent-Film-ANGENIEUX-25mm-f1-5-Lens-/350969319719?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true &si=jH8%252B2JKL8wVxgHiDxfNtVdY9P0E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2014 04:48 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it did seem alot to pay but I guess the working 9.5mm projectors are getting more and more rare as the years go on?
Here in New Zealand there maybe only one or two appear on our auction site Trademe.co.nz each year and it is usually the bidders with deep pockets that win them!
I only own one working projector - Specto - and when it is unfixable then I had better start saving for a replacement!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2014 06:33 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Supply and demand I'm afraid. There are a couple of advantages though to these higher prices. 1) Historic projectors etc that's worth something tends to be kept by the non-collector rather than slung out as rubbish. This helps to ensure it's survival into the future 2) The £227 price now is equivalent to £12 in 1960 which is much less than the new price then.

[ January 14, 2014, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Paul Mason ]

--------------------
Paul.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 20, 2014 08:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry It’s getting the same with so many of the more desirable models now plus the Pathe Europ has always been noted as the ultimate 9.5mm silent/sound projector when used with the sound base amongst long time 9-5ers. It was made for 9.5mm film projection unlike the more recent variables on offer which are simply modified 16mm machines and not always that kind to vintage films particularly with rapid claw pull down. They also feature a 12 toothed lower sprocket for drive and pretty much faultless what with the Som Berthiot lens and all hence the popularity if you can find one after its birth in the early 60’s. Today I am noticing so many collectors are hanging onto minty machines as these are hard to find and who can blame them lets be honest. I’ve seen the Europ sell for anything up to 1K complete and running sweetly with its original covered wood box and if 9-5 is your great love it’s the machine for you most certainly. Price wise they typically go for around the £500 mark if complete and cased today but this could change as the years pass by I am sure. [Cool]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC