8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » The Vox Resurrection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Vox Resurrection
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 25, 2014 04:50 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well…. A few (shamed to say) years ago I stripped down my favourite Pathe 1938 Vox sound projector into pieces looking forward to rekindling it to its former glory, but at the same time souping it up to more modern standards. This was a very little used projector but I did want to give it a new lease of life so after some time its back out the archive and gradually being put together bit by bit as they say. So far so good and it has rapidly progressed and now only probably 50% left to go to the official launch shall we say when it’s all up and running once again. As I’ve progressed I have been taking a few snaps on mechanical updates and fast broaching the electronic side of things.

The Pathe Vox without doubt is the best 9-5 sound machine in the history of mankind to project vintage sound prints on as it is just so kind to old films. There is not a great deal it will not handle if well maintained and souped up to today’s standards performs admirably for a 1930’s sound projector amazingly. I’m a little ashamed to let the Vox fall into ‘I must get round to that’ category but at long last light is not just appearing at the end of the tunnel but also imminent from the lens as well.

In the coming weeks it will be complete and running again so if you hear anyone shouting ‘It’s alive’ it will be me. Will post some pictures of the project once completed.
[Big Grin]

[ May 26, 2014, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 25, 2014 08:26 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, how about some pics as the work progresses?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC