8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Group 9.5 Annual Get-Together

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Group 9.5 Annual Get-Together
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 31, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will held on the 19th October at Harpenden Public Halls, Southdown Road, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 1TE, UK, close to London. I will be there :-)

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Harley Jones
Junior

- posted August 31, 2014 02:35 PM      Profile for Harley Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Harley Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dominique I also will attend this event in Harpenden (it will be my first time there having only done Pimlico) - I will drive there (2.5 hours) and hope to buy some 9.5mm films for my collection!
Great that you are supporting this UK event and I look forward to meeting you there. We are so fortunate to still have film fairs to visit.

--------------------
Harley
www.cinenostalgia.co.uk

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there too, not far for me to travel and a nice little event, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2014 02:27 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there as usual. I have only missed about 4 since Group 9.5 was started. Look out for me and say "Hello". Perhaps I should wear a name tag!! Ken Finch. [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 04, 2014 02:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am the only one to show a picture and will probably be the only one who will speak English (or try to) with an accent, so I think it would be easier if members of this forum could come to me ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 04, 2014 02:49 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wear your Tee-shirt "Save water-Drink beer".

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 04, 2014 11:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's Save water Drink Belgian beer ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 05, 2014 03:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, it's been a time since I met you at Ealing.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 05, 2014 06:02 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Maurice and we will have to wait for 2015 for the next BFCC to meet again except if you come to the 9,5 meeting.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just bought my hostel nights. Will be nice to meet the British ninefivers. I attended once (some years ago) a projection night organised by the Group 9,5 and it was nice.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 20, 2014 01:07 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to start with a big thanks to all those who said hello to me mentioning the forum ! (maybe we should have taken a group picture...) I attended this event for the first time, I hope I will be able to make it again. There were more dealers and fims/materials I expected, though not so much in 9,5 (comparing with Super 8 and 16 mm material). I came back home with two sound features (I won one of them at the auction where, hearing the exclamations from the audience I felt I was rebuilding Britain's economy ; maybe the price I paid seemed high for the persons who were there but comparing with what I wouyld have paid on the continent or even to an UK dealer or on UK EBay with the postage costs, I still made a bargain, so at the end, everybody is happy). There was a 9,5 sound films show I appreciated and also a demonstration of a 17,5 mm projector (converted from a 16mm Siemens). That projector did attract attention. Sadly the film competition had been cancelled and replaced by a digital projection (I didn't attend as I think that it has nothing to do in the film world). For the small story : there was a British breakfast served all the day, I put photocopies of the 9,5 black and white Survey and among them was my return coach ticket for Belgium (but I was Lucky to be able to board on the bus as I had the reference number on another paper), and, last thing, my unlogical continental mind has still progress to do to match with the train company's logic.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 20, 2014 04:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you Dom and hope you found something of interest to take home.
They had sold out all the traders tables long before the big day and still had people turning up wanting to book in for tables on the day. I was pleased to buy a collection of 8mm Barry Wiles films which will be treasured here so all in all rather a splendid day. I wonder who purchased Gone With The Wind? [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 20, 2014 07:09 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leee ;-) With the two already mentionned sound features, I got a short 9,5 sound film and three silent ones. I also bought camera spools.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2014 06:07 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you there Dominique, sorry I did'nt introduce myself at the time. Also nice to see Lee and Mark there. A good day all round which went far too quick. Must try to 'black out' the windows better next year, this is always the problem with the film show at 1pm in the afternoon. The halls blinds are not really good enough.

Graham S

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 22, 2014 05:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to Jean-Marc for helping me to post these pictures !
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2014 10:59 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a nice time at the 9.5 do, bought a few bits and saw a few familiar faces plus a few new ones, I thought the turn out was good and the dealers did quite well, looking forward to the next one, , Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC