8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » 200B Motor Query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 200B Motor Query
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 02:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question in respect of the 110 volt motor fitted to the Pathescope 200B.
What is the wattage of the motor, and what current does it take?
It is only the motor that I am enquiring about, not the lamp as well.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2015 01:51 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurice
I have a couple of 200b's. They have a plate on the rear but I don't think they give the info you require, but I will have a look. Can I ask why you want to know?

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2015 07:06 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again Maurice
Had a look and as I suspected the plate only gives operating voltage. (105-130)
I would have thought amperage of the motor would not be more than 1 or 2 amps which would make wattage around 100 - 200 watts. But this is purely guesswork. Nothing more mentioned in the instruction manual either I'm afraid.
Terry

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2015 09:03 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suspect nearer 100 than 200 watts. Can the current be measured with a clamp ammeter?

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC