8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Specto 9.5 projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Specto 9.5 projector
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2015 10:04 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I have a Specto that takes a 30 volt lamp. I have just seen on Ebay a 30volt 80watt EPF lamp of a much more modern design with built in reflector. Does anyone know if this would be a suitable replacement? Thanks MIKE

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 26, 2015 10:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will not be a direct replacement as the original lamp is a pre-focus 30 volts at 100 watts. There is a separate reflector in the projector lamp house.
However, you could do some conversion to make the EPF lamp work as it's the same voltage.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice, I knew it would need some modifications to the lamphouse and I'd have to make some sort of bracket to hold the lamp. Do you think it would be worthwhile in terms of light output? Cheers Mike

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 26, 2015 02:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviousely not the same model you have (following the voltage and wattage spécifications), Michael, but here is a converted machine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyT-vcgw1I

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 26, 2015 03:20 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
1) The Specto 100 watt lamp is almost, if not, impossible now to find.
2) The EPF lamp is not easily obtainable in the UK, you may have to import.
If you go to the trouble of converting you may then find lamps hard to find, and priced accordingly.
I am sorry that my comments are not very helpful.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2015 11:56 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice and Dominique, thanks for your replies. It looks like using the efp? lamp is a non starter. I also have a Eumig p8 that I could take the transformer from to power a 12v 100w lamp. Do you think this is a better way to go? Do you know of anyone that has done this? Cheers MIKE

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 27, 2015 03:11 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
It's an excellent idea to convert to 12 volt, 100 watt. Lamps are still available at reasonable prices.
It means finding a box for the transformer, which is not small, but it will breathe life into the Specto which is always regarded as being very kind to old 9.5mm films.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 27, 2015 03:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the YouTube link I gave in my preceding message they say : "Just used 12v 100w lamp and bracket from I think Chinon projector, aligned and away we went." Maybe someone could confirm if it's possible and easy to do.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC