8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope 200B help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope 200B help
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2015 07:57 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all owners of the Pathescope 200B - This may be a silly question but I don't have the power cable to get it going so I am getting my brother-in-law to help me, the main power into the projector is through the socket at the base that has the prongs sticking out?
And the other side of the projector base with the 3 socket holes is to plug something else in like a table lamp?

Is this how it works? I think it must be that way?

Is there a wiring diagram or something to help him with it?

Thanks for the help hopefully,
Clinton.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 02, 2015 08:55 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton
Don't forget that most models of the 200B were 110 volts and had a separate resistance for 230 volt mains.
Other version were a mains 240 volt model, and a transformer model with an output of 50 volts.
Of these the resistance model was the most common.

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2015 02:31 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton
It is almost certainly 110volt but you can confirm this by checking the metal tag at the rear of the motor. If it is 110v it would have come with a resistance unit as Maurice has said. The two pronged plug on the front is where you plug in the 230v mains and the three pronged plug on the other side is where the resistance unit is connected. The resistance unit drops the voltage to 110v for the motor and lamp and also incorporates an on/off switch for the lamp. I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the Instruction booklet should you require it.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2015 08:11 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Full marks Terry, well done!! There were some mains models and the tag on the motor would state 200 -230 volts. If my memory serves me right they had a 3 pin blanking plug to fit where the resistance plug fitted on the standard models. As sold, I don't think they had a seperate switch for the lamp and some enthusiasts fitted one each side of the 2 pin mains socket. The 200B was probably the best silent 9.5mm projector ever built by Pathescope. It was certainly the most popular. Ken Finch.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2015 02:36 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
My favourite 9.5 silent projector and the one that started me on my obsession with film. I've had several of the 200b's and still have two now. All the ones I have seen have the switch for the lamp fitted on the resistance unit, but there were many made and perhaps you are right. Maybe the early ones did not have the lamp switch? The superior model was the Super which was 9.5 and 16mm and had the still frame facility and if you were lucky, had the arm extensions to facilitate 900ft spools. Great projector, it had it all for that era and so kind to film.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2015 12:14 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my brother-in-law rewired the projector and the motor and lamp go well,I have to clean it before I run a film through it but looks promising! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC