8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » While not projecting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: While not projecting
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 11, 2015 07:26 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm recovering well but slowly from my slipped disc operation (I want to thank all of you who expressed on the forum or via pm kind words), so I can still not lift my Buckingham projector. It doens't mean I'm forgetting 9.5. Last Sunday, I received (yes !) a projector (unfortunatelly not working) and films that I'm checking.
 -
On my balcony : the first reel of a French three reelers. As you can see, a 800 mt (2600 ft) reel is mounted on my rewinders.
 -
The film is cleaned and lubbed with Filmguard and broken perforations are fixed with CIR tape. This films showed few damaged perforations but others are more difficult to repair.
 -
I was Lucky this time : the three reels fit the big spool. That's not always so happy ending. By the way, it is darker as it takes time to do that, often more than watching the film !
 -
Two labels on the can will remind me what film is in it (and a paper Inside will tell when the film was "Filmguarded". Usually I Watch the film the same day or the next one but in this period, who knows when my 9.5 sound projections will restart ?

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 12, 2015 01:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear to had a slipped disc Dominique. That must have been absolute agony for you!

Both glad to hear you are now on the mend and to see your fab photo's!!

Hope you are soon lifting the Beaulieu into projecting position on your stand one handed. Take care my friend and hope you make a full recovery very very soon.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 13, 2015 03:38 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Andrew. I'm glad you liked the pictures.

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2015 05:23 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom
Sorry to hear your of your back problem.I'm afraid I did not know you were suffering. You must have been posting on the Forum from your Hospital bed!! It's not until you get a back problem that you realise how it affects everyday activities and also sleep. I do wish you a speedy recovery. After all it would be a crime to leave your Buckingham 9.5 idle, but please be careful.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 13, 2015 07:22 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Terry. It has been a nightmare. Before the operation, I could not sleep more than two hours because of the pain. What is strange with a slipped disc is that the problem comes from the back but you suffer from your leg (because the siatic nerve is compressed). I'm still walking and moving with limitations but at least it has nothing to do with what it was. To come back to 9.5, as I wrote in another message, I regret I could not go to the festival which was this year in the Netherlands, not far away from Brussels :-(

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 13, 2015 07:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look after yourself Dom. This back injury thing must be part of cine with my back never being the same since the 35mm incident followed by casualty. A friend has also injured his back lifting a fairly light object..
Keep well all!
Nice clear pictures. [Cool]

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique
I was unaware of your concern for health. I wish you a good and rapid recovery
Amicalement

--------------------
Tony

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 13, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merci, Antoine. Thank you, Lee. If it's part of the hobby, it is more acceptable [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2015 06:19 PM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, je ne savais pas que tu était sur le dos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC