8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » GROUP 9.5's 54th Get-Together (Film Fair) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: GROUP 9.5's 54th Get-Together (Film Fair)
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 01:16 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great meeting and so well attended despite the weather. Sold a couple of projectors and picked up a few 9.5 soundies and a Few other goodies.
Nice to see some familiar faces including Dom (always a regular) but no Lee? Perhaps deterred by the horrendous weather early on.
Look forward to seeing some photos.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 02:21 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been, once again a success. I was happy to see known faces and lucky to find 9.5 sound films. I will start the photos of people. I should have pictured more members but I have been busy all the day :-) I hope to meet again some members of this forum at the BFCC.

-

Ken Finch, member of this forum. You can now put a face on his face if you never met him in person.

-

Tony Reypert, not member of this forum but famous among the ninefivers, he's mister Buckingham Film Services and thanks to him we have those reliable converted projectors. One of them was on sale at Harpenden.

-

Christopher Bird. Not only a ninefiver but also a twentyeighter :-)

-

Graham Sinden, who take care of the projections. They are always perfect.

-

A general view.

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 03:01 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Dom. Im glad you have given names to faces. Some I already knew but others although familiar, I do not know by name.
There is a guy (who is a regular) that I do not know by name. He is a tall slim man who always wears a trilby hat. Does anyone know who I mean?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 03:11 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I know who you mean but I never talked to this person and don't know his name.

-

Second general view.

-

Isn't that beautiful ?

-

The same seller had this projector...

-

...and this one !

-

The projection room.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 03:25 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dom for those pictures.

I had a wonderful time as well and I'm glad the film show went without a hitch. Bought a few items including a load of Movie Makers that weigh a ton! but also sold a few items as well. An excellent day. Nice photo of me BTW [Smile]

Graham S

[ October 18, 2016, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Graham Sinden ]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 03:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Nothing can beat a movie projection !

-

The auction.

-

This is what I brought back from my trip to the UK. All the films are 9.5 sound ones. On the rear, a camera tripod (I have been looking for a strong one like this to replace the had I had but is broken ; they are expensive here but could buy this one for 10 pounds !). On the right, empty 16 mm spools and cores (I will use them for scopitones). On the left, a beautiful Pathé Baby rewinder. I came at Harependen with the bag I brought to carry my travel staff (clothes, towel, soap and so on) for the week-end. As this bag was full and heavy, I decided to leave it at the left luggage in King's Cross trein station and had to buy a nice shopping bag with London views in a souvenir shop to put all what I had left at the hostel (the same as usual, 27 £ for three night :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 12:32 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting my photo Dominique. Now fellow forum members will recognise me at the forthcoming Ealing event. I dutifully, did wear a name tag at Harpenden which helped.!!! I am terrible at remembering peoples names myself these days. Its an "age" thing. However, many of the "usual suspects" I have known for many years. Sadly, each year there are fewer of them. Best wishes , Ken Finch.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2016 03:17 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry Sills, I met the fellow with the Trilby at Ealing today, spoke to him and his name is Nigel Lister. That answers your post of October 17th. Also had quite a "natter" with Dom. Ken Finch.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC