8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Ebay French

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay French
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 07:25 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PROJECTEUR LIGONIE OSM 950 - 9,5 MM SONORE OPTIQUE MAGNETIQUE TRES HAUT DE GAMME

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/301895330461?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 13, 2016 07:53 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the link. I have a Ligonie. Be aware that the optical prints are projected reversed (at least on my projector), so you need a Mirror or a special lens to have the right picture. No doubt this is a high quality machine and although there are still 5 days to go, there are already 31 bids and the price is already at 195 €.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 08:35 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great projector, dear Antoine! And good noticed, dear Dom!
But the thing you say it was mentioned in the manual of projector? It had provided an accessory (mirror or similar) for optical? Or perhaps the optical sound, at the time of the projector, it was different?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 13, 2016 12:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi, I haven't the manual, so I cannot tell you about that. The optical soundtrack (unlike the magnetic one) has always been on the same side but some projectors (dual gauges or converted from 16 mm have the cell at the opposite side). I know that for some Cinégel projectors you had to make a "twist" the film before the sound part. Needles to say, this is to avoid as this can only be bad for the fragile film. To come back to the Ligonie, you have to set the projector parallel to the screen (and not perpendicular) and use a Mirror or a special lens (that you have to mount on the existing lens). I have such a lens that was made, I think for projecting the 16 mm soundies. My lens fits the Eiki lenses and by luck, my Ligonie uses this kind of lenses (unlike the projector advertised, the seller doesn't mention Mirror effect, maybe on his machine this has been corrected ?). The only thing is that my special lens was build to fit Eiki projectors and I have to hold it manually when I use the Ligonie. To avoid this I shouls modify the system but I don't want to as it is perfect to use with an Eiki projector so I hope to find a second "reversing lens" for the Ligonie. No emergency as I use my Buckingham for optical films.

--------------------
Dominique

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 01:07 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And my friends who have the same projector, it is necessary to replace the worm that is plastic as for Bell and Howel 16 mm

--------------------
Tony

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 09:14 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG what a beautiful machine and is very modern for the 9.5mm format!
I always think of 9.5mm projectors as being 1920s - 30s [Confused]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Mike Shaw
Junior

- posted March 14, 2016 01:21 AM      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The machine is a Italian'Micron'25 simlier to a 'Bolex'421/521 and yes they have simlier wormgear to the Bell&Howell machines the other gear that gives problems is the takeup gear....Overall though rare to see in 9.5mm.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 09:23 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike. Did you know of a supplier for the correct drive worm gear for this projector, we could not find one who had them anymore as they are prone to fail. [Frown]

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2016 06:54 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the careful explanation, Dom, very precise!

For put project parallel to the screen and not perpendicular, you have to stand it one side or there is another way?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 16, 2016 10:05 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi, I'm not sure I understand your question. The projector has to be set parallel with the lens being at your right hand when the screen is behind you. Here is a picture of the lens I was refering to. The small part fits an Eiki lens and the big part send the reversed (or should I say "correctsized" ?) picture on the screen. It not only change the side of the picture, it makes it larger. The "stick" you see allows the lens to hold on an Eiki projector (but is not designed for the Ligonie).
 -

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2016 02:09 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah, Ok, Dom, I did not realize the position! Now yes!

Mike Shaw
Junior

- posted March 17, 2016 04:45 PM      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Lee...Been interstate,regarding gears for the Micron25 I have both the worm and takeup gear in stock.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 03:25 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold 1810 €.

--------------------
Dominique

Mike Shaw
Junior

- posted March 19, 2016 12:14 AM      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! 73 bids,who said 9.5mm was dead!!!Here's another nice machine on Ebay France...item no. 301901965607

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 19, 2016 05:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair though, this was an exceptional machine and surely one which cannot surface too often I'd have thought.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 19, 2016 06:19 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct, Andrew but it seems that all 9,5 sound projectors are now pricey. Even good silent projectors often go at high prices (higher prices that what I saw in the UK anyway). Sound films are also expensive and some silent ones are also much more expensive than what they were a few years ago. That's of course bad new for both the old collectors and for the young people who would have been interested in 9,5 at more reasonnable costs. This, sadly applies now for the other gauges as well, even if copies and material are less rare, it is too costy for many people.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 19, 2016 06:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The one spoken of above was a real thing of incredible beauty!
Stunning looking sophisticated machine!!

I wasn't at all surprised by the price it fetched given its no doubt, genuine scarcity in this kind of condition.

The whole hobby will move that way Dominique for the best items that were ever produced and have been MAINTAINED well.

It's the nature of collecting in general as things age and generally become far scarcer in the desired condition for the collectors that will remain.

[ March 19, 2016, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC