8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Who bought this lot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who bought this lot?
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 01:20 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like something of a bargain when you see everything on offer!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252554856128?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

|  IP: Logged

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2016 06:41 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crumbs, major collection in one stroke.
Someone's going to have a great time sorting that lot out, or maybe hiding from the wife!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 12:42 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone has been lucky. Maybe these films will surface at Harpenden ?

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2016 02:00 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what all the fuss is about I had 7 boxes of 9.5 over 300 films and their was not much interest when offered on here apart from a couple of enquiries I then got a friend to put them on ebay as I don't know the value of these we have sold quite a few on ebay and the others what are left will be auctioned of at blackpool in novemeber about 150 of them

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 01:40 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
What is special about this lot is that not only are there two 9.5 sound projectors, but that many of the films are sound too. Depending on their condition it makes this lot very desirable. I would imagine that if you have not had much interest in your films then they are probably silent/mute.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 02:52 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the films that I had was mostly sound also some good titles as these sold for good money popeye George formbys etc I have still got a lot left and will be auctioned at blackpool .

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 03:12 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pity you did not say that in your post David. You would definitely have had a lot more interest, especially in the sound films.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 07:52 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a friend of mine gave a full description and content and started to sell them on ebay for me and everyone he put on sold for good money .these were offered on the forum as job lot but no takers ,

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 29, 2016 09:11 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I understood that a list would follow on the forum but it never appeared. I guess other ninefivers understood the same way I did and were waiting for the list without necessarily leaving any comment.

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 02:57 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi dom there will have plenty to go at when auctioned at blackpool, I realy hope you can make it and if you can I will give you a bag of 9.5 free of charge

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 05:57 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
You say that your collection was offered here on the forum as a job lot but - no list of titles - no mention of sound or silent and no price. No wonder that you got little interest.
Better that you come to the Harpenden meeting. It is predominantly for 9.5 and if what you say about your collection is true you would do very well there.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 29, 2016 06:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, after your kind insistance , I checked once again the possibility of attending the Blackpool cine fair and found buses offers that were not already on line when I looked several month ago. So, I bought my tickets and after a long trip I should show myself at Blackpool on Sunday :-) Hope to meet other members of this forum there.

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2016 02:36 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that is absolutely fantastic news looking forward to seeing you if you get lost round blackpool ring me my phone is on 24/7 its
07931 926550

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2016 09:30 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, David.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom and friends, the cine fairwas for the last Sunday? How did it go? [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2016 05:12 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Luigi, the Blackpool Cine Fair is in November. In October, in the UK, there will be the Get Together 9.5 and the BFCC. This coming week-end, I will go at the General Ciné Club 9,5 de France meeting. There will be no fair, it is more a kind of official meeting to talk about the club (but of course, 9.5 will be discussed, too).

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thank you! Yes, I read about it in another post. I always confusion with the dates! [Smile]
I'd like to participate in some fair-market, is a couple of months since I don't bought something in 9.5mm.
And, perhaps, only on these occasions I could find the coveted tape splicer for 9.5mm at a reasonable price!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC