8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » My projectors without light source

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My projectors without light source
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2016 04:12 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Due to my USB card that had my complete list of all gauges of films and projectors I own getting damaged I've started to make a new list (and a backup too!)And it's a big list but apart from the usual projectors I do have some "gems"
[Smile]
These 4 x 9.5mm projectors are in various degrees of condition and don't have a light source.I would like to get them working or at least see if they work.
Any suggestions or do many just use them as a display model only?
N.B. The pics are stock photos from the internet ...
Astor 33 (mine is hand cranked only)
 -
Astor Junior Toy
 -
BB British Bing
 -
Pathe Kid PB-Ex (mine is hand cranked)
 -

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2016 12:35 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Clinton. The best light source for the projectors you have illustrated would be a 12 volt 10watt Halogen. However, I would never actually use any of them. They were all really just toys, even the "Kid" although made by Pathescope had a poor reputation. The "Imp" was slightly better as it was an improved model. Most people seem to collect them for display purposes as you suggest. The best of the hand cranked machines was undoubtedly the "Home Movie" followed by the "Ace" if used properly!! Ken Finch.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2016 03:56 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ken,
You maybe right about them being good for displays now,I was thinking the same.
And 10w bulb would have a pathetic picture brightness!
I've also heard that these projectors are murder on the films if not working properly.
I have an Ace and it works quite well,but not well enough to use.
Cheers for your thoughts [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC