8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pressure plate on Pathe Baby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pressure plate on Pathe Baby
Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2017 09:08 PM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I have a Pathe Baby that I'd like to use one day (whenever I can find fresh 9.5mm film), but I don't know how to work with the pressure plate on this camera.

I'm trying to visualize the path of the film through the camera and I'm puzzled on how to secure the pressure plate. The pressure plate is attached to a spring at the bottom, which causes it to be far away from the film gate. I can physically move it closer to the film gate, but because of the spring it won't stay put. Is there a latch that is supposed to be there to secure the pressure plate up against the film gate?

The links below goes to a few pictures I took of the camera. Can someone kindly take a look at the pictures and guide me on how to theoretically load the camera as if there was film in it?

http://i.imgur.com/o0T52yp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/W2AVLdx.jpg

Thank you very much for your help!

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 31, 2017 02:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, this camera uses a cartridge. When you put it in the camera, the pressure plate is pushed and hold firmly.

--------------------
Dominique

Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2017 08:34 AM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

Yes, I have to cartridge, but when I put it in, the pressure plate still looks loose. I will see if I can take a picture of the camera with the cartridge in it tonight and post it on here. Thanks for the reply.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 31, 2017 10:17 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After having checked, it seems that confused with other camera models. On the Pathé Baby, the pressure gate is hold when you close the camera by a metallic piece (I don't know how it is called).

-

You can see the metallic piece I was refering to, on the right of the picture.

-

When you close the "cover", the metallic pice from photo 1 pushes the part seen in the top middle of photo 2 (which is not sharp because of the automatic focussing of the camera, sorry).

--------------------
Dominique

Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 07:36 PM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

I can't thank you enough for the pictures and your explanation! That's a clever way to get the pressure plate to close. Thanks again for solving that.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC