8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathe Super Model PB Ex: Lens question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Super Model PB Ex: Lens question
Mike Byrne
Junior

- posted February 01, 2017 04:23 AM      Profile for Mike Byrne   Email Mike Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me the correct direction for the small lens that is mounted in a brass adjustable tube. Does the lens end of tube go to front of projector or to the rear.?
Mike.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2017 02:11 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again !! On my Pathe Baby the small projection lens tube has a lens at each end. The front end is slightly recessed and held in place with a black retaining ring. Hope the helps. Ken Finch.

Mike Byrne
Junior

- posted February 02, 2017 02:48 PM      Profile for Mike Byrne   Email Mike Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ken,
Thanks for that, I will have a closer look, but pretty sure it only has one lens in the brass tube. This Pathe is possibly one of the later ones of the production as it does seem to differ a little from the early info /manuals that I found on line.
There is a small lever near the top of the main body that can adjust the frame, possibly to aid the shutter synchronisation ?
It has the external rheostat, which at first I thought was for 230 volt operation, but looking at early catalogues, it is probably the 32 - 110 volt dropper as it is the smaller of the two droppers that were available at the time. When connected upi to 110 volt variac, the machines runs well and at a speed that would seem to be correct.
I have drawn out the circuit, which at first glance seems a bit strange, but laid out on paper it becomes a bit clearer. If I can figure how to post photos etc. I will attempt to post it and photos of the projector.
One thing that is bothering me at the moment is this. When a film is loaded,it becomes very hard to turn the drive pulley and if the motor is powered up the belt just slips.I have cleaned the gate but still similar problem. Any advice welcome here.
One other point, there is no glass for the catch drum and I can't see any means of how it could be attatched. I do have the external spool bracket, so not needed at the moment, but it would be nice to get it all back to original. There is also only one spring arm in the catch drum. In some photos I have seen two and other one. What is correct, or was one spring arm left out on later production models ?
Mike.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC