8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Bolex Paillard G3 (9.5mm issue)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex Paillard G3 (9.5mm issue)
Goncalo Cardoso
Junior

- posted March 10, 2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Goncalo Cardoso   Email Goncalo Cardoso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i've bought a Bolex paillard G3 to digitize old 9.5mm films, the projector is in pristine condition, very good, i think it was used very few times.
But i'm having problems playing the 9,5mm films, because the projector is always putting the claw hole in the center of the image! I've tried all the solutions in the manual, and that i've know, and it still has the hole in the image.
The frame correction only slides the hole more up, or down, but it keeps the hole inte image, has anyone had this kind of problems? has anyone knows how to Solve it?
The image look like in these photos on my links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPsL99iiNI86RBzcAUYeSjF5bKHVqDcNdw/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_q2rp1VmNpOSE3YPdpROq7p7jEurbTgQrw/view?usp=sharing

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 11, 2017 02:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you aware that there is a gear-change to alter the claw throw which is operated by a push-in knob?

--------------------
Maurice

Goncalo Cardoso
Junior

- posted March 11, 2017 03:04 AM      Profile for Goncalo Cardoso   Email Goncalo Cardoso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, i've mounted all the pieces of the 9.5mm on the machine. And put push-in knob to 9.5/16mm but still the claw hole apears in the center of the image.
My guess is that there's a bad tune of the Claw, leaving the hole on the centre fo window instead of the picture. But i don't know how to fix the claw...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 11, 2017 04:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See if the 9.5mm gate has been correctly inserted. If it has, it is possible that the claw is damaged in some way.
Have you any 16mm or standard 8mm film which you could try to run successfully?

--------------------
Maurice

Goncalo Cardoso
Junior

- posted March 11, 2017 05:01 AM      Profile for Goncalo Cardoso   Email Goncalo Cardoso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have 8mm films... i could try the 8mm gauges.
The projector when i unpacked was prepared for 16mm, but i don't have any 16mm films... only 8, super8 and 9.5mm...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC