8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Changing the Picture Gate on a Paillard Bolex G3 Trifilm Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing the Picture Gate on a Paillard Bolex G3 Trifilm Projector
Ganesh Sahni
Junior

- posted June 26, 2017 03:35 PM      Profile for Ganesh Sahni   Email Ganesh Sahni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi ! I just got a Pillar Bolex G3 Trifilm Projector.I cannot seem to remove the 8mm gate out .Is there a way to do it .I don't want to put any force .Unfortunately the Projector did not come with user manual. Can someone help me.
Thanks

--------------------
"Here's looking at you, kid."
Rick Blaine-Casablanca(1942)

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 26, 2017 05:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ganesh, all I can say is that there is a design on this link with names in French. I believe the number 10 should open the gate or help to remove it but it's hard to be sure. Hopefully someone else can tell you for sure. http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=61356

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 27, 2017 05:49 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manual in English are for sale by Ian Partridge. £12 post free worldwide.
http://ian-partridge.com/paillpro.html

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2017 06:07 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ganesh
To change the gate pressure plate you need to open the gate and turn the inching knob so that the black mark on the knob is in the lower position. This makes sure that the claw is withdrawn to prevent damage. You then pull the framing lever (9 in the diagram that Dom has supplied). This releases the pressure plate and you can withdraw it from the top and replace the other pressure plate. If you can give me an email address I can send you a scan of the instruction manual, which might make it clearer for you.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC