8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Splicing 9.5mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Splicing 9.5mm
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2017 10:15 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just got my hands on a Marguet tri film splicer and I'm having problems using it. Am I right in thinking it only scrapes one end of the film to be joined? I've got the instruction leaflet but I can't make any sense of it. Does anyone know the correct procedure to follow?

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 29, 2017 02:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about splicing 9.5 film...but with 8mm cement splicers you only scrape one side of the film.

[ June 29, 2017, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 29, 2017 02:48 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
The Marguet only scrapes the left hand side. The idea is to remove the emulsion so that the right hand side of the film lays down onto the left.
It is sometimes a good idea to slightly roughen the base side (not emulsion) of the right hand side to produce a better join.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC