8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » interesting projector multi gauge 9.5 sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: interesting projector multi gauge 9.5 sound
Keith Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2017 08:27 AM      Profile for Keith Wilson   Email Keith Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this multi gauge projector is 16mm sound and 9.5mm I wonder about the sound track ?

I suppose you have to show the 9.5 back to front ?
8mm sound ?? optical ?? or does it play mag sound ??
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FANTASTIC-HEURTIER-TRI-FILM-PROJECTOR-BEAUTIFUL-MACHINE-VOX-SURPA-SPEAKER

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 08:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Heurtier tri (8, 9.5 and 16) films projectors are magnetic (it seems that optical models exist also but must be rare). One important thing to check is the sound head. Some models have a tri gauge one while others were provided with one gauge sound head. You can of courde easily remove it to change for another gauge but good luck to find a Heurtier sound head if it's not provided with the projector you have or you buy. Note that it is possible to convert a 8mm head to 9,5.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 10:22 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot see what the actual model is. It may be an HSM Universal. It certainly seems to have an optical assembly.

In 1965 the above quoted model with a 6 watt amplifier was priced as follows:-

Tri-Gauge Optical/Magnetic = £474-10-6
Tri-Gauge Optical only = £358-15-0

Grahame Newnham has some interesting information on the Heurtier, but surprisingly, he makes no mention about the different positions of 9.5mm and 16mm optical sound tracks.

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95gear/95gearheurtier.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 11:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that interesting link, Maurice. I wonder if many optical projectors were built as they don't surface often. If anyone has an Heurtier optical sound projector, I would be interested in having a feedback about the sound quality.

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2017 02:28 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith
You are correct about 9.5 optical film. On the Heurtier you have to put a twist in the film for the projector to be able to read the soundtrack which means the picture is reversed.
The projector listed is missing the accessory case which contains the alternative gates and spindles.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC