8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » DIY Rewind/Viewer Setup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DIY Rewind/Viewer Setup
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 06, 2017 02:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been going through my Pathe' Baby reels and making new labels when necessary. I'm also checking the metal reels to make sure they are in good shape. Some are bent...so for now I have been exchanging the film on a bad reel with a good reel that contains a less desirable film. Eventually I'm hoping to find some blank reels to replace the remaining bad ones.

-

I had a single 16mm rewind from a broken set that I setup as a take-up reel and I'm using my B&H 16mm viewer to look at individual frames throughout the film. It actually works very well. This setup also works for cleaning the film.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 10:29 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good setup Janice,I like the way we adapt things to make them work!
Does that film viewer thread unlike any other I've seen for any gauge ... the film path is on the top?

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 07, 2017 01:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton...This is a 16mm only viewer...so all I can do is pull the 9.5mm film through the viewer gate. But this is good enough for me to see what's on the film. This model works pretty much like all other 16mm viewers... just the film path is at the top.

Take a look at this thread to get a better view of the lamp and film path.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001453

I have done a lamp conversion so it now uses a standard Halogen bulb. I also removed the diagonal cutting splicer and sit the 9.5mm splicer on the front plate when editing 9.5 film.

[ September 07, 2017, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC