8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Heurtier projector new lamp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heurtier projector new lamp
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2017 05:47 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to change my Heurtier Tri-Film 53 lamp with a brighter one, for my 9,5mm films.
The manual says that the projector can accommodate (on 110 volt) 250, 300 and 500 watts, i would like to take one of 500 watts, now i have a 300w.
It does not specify the model, but it should be P28.
Only, on the web I found this others feature:

What's the difference between P28 and P28s? "S" is an addendum that means "standard"?

I found signs like A1/6 and A1/7 (always on P28 models). It seems that A1/6 is always 300 watts, while A1/7 is always 500 watts. Is it therefore an acronym that refers to the watts?

Thank you. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 26, 2017 02:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Projection lamps in the UK are pre-fixed with A1/
The number which follows refers to a specific lamp and watts. But not the voltage.
The 500watt with the prefocus base is, as you say, A1/7 (now quite rare), but make sure you buy the correct voltage.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 26, 2017 04:06 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting questions, Luigi. I have no idea what the "s" means and I wonder if there is a difference between p28 and p28s. The "28" in the reference stands for 28 mm, the base circonference. That's probably why it is not used in the Uk or the Us since 28 mm is a metric reference. What does the P means ? P for projection ?

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2017 11:09 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, boys.
Yes, my Heurtier is 110v, lamp absolutely at 110v, like the old French voltage. Me, in Italy, use it with the converter to bring it to 230v.
Dom, I also think that "P" is for a "P"rojector, in fact all the boxes I have seen of this bulbs have write "lamp for projector".
On "s" I still doubt, but it could be "standard" as I said, and it is a plus information, not a difference between P28 and P28s.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 30, 2017 11:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any hope to see one day a compatible p 28 led bulb for projectors ? It seems that some models already exist but not bright enough and probably not with the correct design to concentrate the light at a projector gate level. But who knows what can come further on the market ?

https://www.easy-lightbulbs.com/light-bulbs/marine-navigation-bulbs/marine-navigation-bulbs/p28s/navl115c/

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2017 07:09 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had not thought about this solution for a big bulb like this. I have to see if in chinese megastores there is something like that, but you're right, it's very difficult, P28 it's a very rare base.
However, I must say that on the Patescope Ace was not satisfied by the LED solution, neither hot or cold light; in that case it was lower than the halogen solution.

Ah, after searches and questions, I can say at 90% P28 and P28s are the same thing

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2017 02:18 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if I can also use 100v or 115v or 120v or 125v bulbs on my projector (which normally requires a 110v bulb)?
Thank you!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 12, 2017 04:57 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can even use 120, 125 or 130 volts bulbs without problem in a 110 v projector but of course the light will be less bright than with a 110 volts lamp. In theory, if you use a 100 volts you should not have other problem than a shorter life of the lamp (that would be brighter than normal) but I would personnaly not try.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 12:24 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Dom, very precise. So I'd better take 110v.

In the meantime, I say two things:

1) The P28 bulb type are in DIFFERENT shape of blub. A friend sent me a p28 500w 110v (on the label is write this), but unfortunately the connect is right, but it's a model more "fat". Precisely this:
 -
My projector, instead, requires the classic thinner and long model, like this:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/202114918289?_trksid=p2380057.m570.l5999& _trkparms=gh1g%3DI202114918289.N36.S1.R1.TR6

2) About that announcement on ebay above. I would like to buy that light bulb, it's at a very convenient price compared to others ads, but the seller speaks of "carbon deposit".
I think it means that these deposits are at the base of blub, not on glass, and should not affect brightness or working.
Unfortunately, the seller does not respond to emails.
Can I buy it safely, do you think?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 01:10 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have 100s of rare lamps for all kinds of projector tell me the model number eg a1 etc and voltage and I am sure I will have it in stock also got loads of 9,5 sound films features and shorts
all lamps are new but old stock

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 01:45 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I need a 500 watt 110 volt bulb. I prefer 110v and not 100v.
Not at 50 euros like on eBay, it's too much expansive! [Frown]
The model of lamp is P28, but I know that in Uk the 500w it is also called A1/7.
See the eBay link I posted to see the shape.
Thank you. [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 03:21 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will check to see what I have and if I have any they are £5.00 each plus postage at cost

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 04:13 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, maybe you find it, I buy it now!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2017 05:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will take a look for you

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! When you can, of course!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC