8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Spanish 9.5 Festival 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spanish 9.5 Festival 2018
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 26, 2018 02:20 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 01:55 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom, are the same people with the project of the new 9.5mm film cut?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 29, 2018 06:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Luigi, the Spanish club. The last time I asked about the process by the professionnal lab, I was answered that they were still making tests but that was several weeks ago. We will probably have fresh news, soon. I hope so, anyway.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 30, 2018 04:40 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Saturday morning cine market

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 30, 2018 12:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The projectors in action attracted attention.

-

In the afternoon, Lluis, who also sold items in the morning, was in charge for the 9.5 projections. He used his Ligonie projector that he modified with a more powerful lamp.

-

I took this picture before the projection started, during the test (because the light was still on) so the room looks empty but it was full when the show started.

One of the film presented was a Spanish film shoot in in 1933 by an amateur who did a great job. There was a good titling, a story and many actors, actually people from the familly. That film looked almost professionnal. What was amazing is that the Young actor of the film was There, he's now 96 !

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2018 03:49 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures Dom,thanks for sharing,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 30, 2018 05:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique,

Excellent. What a nice location!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 01, 2018 02:53 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing Dominique, its always nice to see other places [Smile]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2018 03:10 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the first photo looks like Eumig projectors - 9.5 presumably - built on the same chassis as the 800-series 8mm units?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 01, 2018 05:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for nice comments.

Bill, the Eumig projectors you're refering to are super 8 ones since the market was multigauges. Eumig did make 9,5 projectors, though.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2018 08:04 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great reportage, Dom, little market but accurate.
And then seeing a 9.5mm Ligonie in projection is always nice.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC